Breast Lifting Exercises

My breasts are starting to droop more as I get older. Are there any exercises I can do to lift my breasts? Will working on my pectoral muscles help?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Exercises to avoid a breast lift.

+2

Thank you for your question.  I see a similar question frequently when it comes from the abdomen.  Most of my patients want to know what they can do to tighten loose breasts and abdominal skin after childbearing.  The the short and unfortunate answer is not much.

After childbearing the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen lose their elasticity.  Diet and exercise unfortunately cannot regain that lost skin tension.

The paradox of exercising, which I strongly encourage is that it will lead to less body fat which will ultimately further loosen the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen.  So paradoxically, patients who do everything right often wind up getting even looser.

If you work on your pecks enough you will diminish your body fat and get looser.

You may wish to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can at least give you options.

Hope this helps.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Exercise Will Not Lift Breasts

+2

Exercise will make you stonger, will shape your muscles and will give you more energy.  It does a lot of great things, but will not lift sagging skin or breasts that have lost their shape.

Web reference: https://wwwmarylepetersmd.com

Breast Lifting Exercises

+2

There are no breast lifting exercises that truly help to lift sagging breasts. It would require an operative intervention such a breastlift (mastopexy) or a breast augmentation/mastopexy.

Exercises Don't Lift a Sagging Breast

+2

Unfortunately exercises do not lift the breast.

Exercising the pectoral muscles can reshape the chest, but will have no effect on breast position and little or no effect on breast shape.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast exercises for sagging breasts

+2

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there are no exercises to stop or reverse breast droop. Breast ptosis (sag) can be caused by time or changes in breast size (through breast feeding or weight loss). These factors cause the elasticity of the skin and the Cooper's ligaments (internal supporting structures that keep the breast perky) to decrease. This leads to breast sagging.

There is no exercise that will reverse or prevent this. Exercise only helps the underlying pectoralis muscle but will not improve the sag of the breasts.

I hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.trivalleyplasticsurgery.com

Breast lifting exercises

+1
There are no exercises that will lift a breast. Once it strectches out, the only way to raise the nipples is with surgery.
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Are there exercises that will lift my breasts?

+1
Unfortunately, there are no exercises that will lift a sagging breast that is too overhanging, nor fill out a breast that is too deflated.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/before-after-photos/Breast-Surgery/Breast-Lift/

Breast Lifting Excercises

+1

There are no breast lifting exercises. I do encourage all of my patients to live a healthy lifestyle by eating well and exercising.  Although exercising can increase muscle and decrease fat it will not help so much with skin elasticity. I would suggest going for a consult with your plastic surgeon to see if you are a candidate for breast lift surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drfiorillo.com/breast-lift-2/

There Are No Exercises That Address Breast Tissue; Your Best Option is Breast Lift Surgery

+1

Breast sag can affect a woman’s self esteem, self confidence and self image. Many women are motivated to correct their breast sag, but are reluctant to proceed with surgery for a variety of reasons. These reasons may include fear of anesthesia, fear of scarring and possibly limited financial resources.
For this group, chest wall exercises may be an attractive alternative. Unfortunately there are no exercises that address breast tissue. When the underlying pectoralis muscle is strengthened the breasts continue to sag. For this reason, the only viable alternative is breast lift surgery.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

No breast lift exercises

+1

I am sorry to say that this question has a easy answer - No. No exercises will help to avoid the natural process of breast aging.  Age, hormonal changes, and gravity always prevail. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon