Breast Lifting Exercises

My breasts are starting to droop more as I get older. Are there any exercises I can do to lift my breasts? Will working on my pectoral muscles help?

Exercise Will Not Lift Breasts

+2

Exercise will make you stonger, will shape your muscles and will give you more energy.  It does a lot of great things, but will not lift sagging skin or breasts that have lost their shape.

Breast Lifting Exercises

+2

There are no breast lifting exercises that truly help to lift sagging breasts. It would require an operative intervention such a breastlift (mastopexy) or a breast augmentation/mastopexy.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Exercises to avoid a breast lift.

+2

Thank you for your question.  I see a similar question frequently when it comes from the abdomen.  Most of my patients want to know what they can do to tighten loose breasts and abdominal skin after childbearing.  The the short and unfortunate answer is not much.

After childbearing the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen lose their elasticity.  Diet and exercise unfortunately cannot regain that lost skin tension.

The paradox of exercising, which I strongly encourage is that it will lead to less body fat which will ultimately further loosen the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen.  So paradoxically, patients who do everything right often wind up getting even looser.

If you work on your pecks enough you will diminish your body fat and get looser.

You may wish to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can at least give you options.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Exercises Don't Lift a Sagging Breast

+2

Unfortunately exercises do not lift the breast.

Exercising the pectoral muscles can reshape the chest, but will have no effect on breast position and little or no effect on breast shape.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast exercises for sagging breasts

+2

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there are no exercises to stop or reverse breast droop. Breast ptosis (sag) can be caused by time or changes in breast size (through breast feeding or weight loss). These factors cause the elasticity of the skin and the Cooper's ligaments (internal supporting structures that keep the breast perky) to decrease. This leads to breast sagging.

There is no exercise that will reverse or prevent this. Exercise only helps the underlying pectoralis muscle but will not improve the sag of the breasts.

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

Exercise to lift breasts?

+1
It is unlikely that exercise will lift your breasts.  The breast skin is not tightly attached to the muscles.  Exercise is good for you, but if you want perkier breasts you will likely require surgery as well.

David Stoker, MD

Exercises to help with sagging breasts

+1
The answer is NO.  Exercising the Pec muscle has NO affect on the breast gland above it.  Its urban legend.  What causes sagging is laxity of the skin and ligaments within your breast tissue.  Unfortunately no exercise will help.  Now wearing a Bra religiously will aid.  Remember gravity is on all day.

Rady Rahban, MD

Breast lifting exercises

+1
There are no exercises that you can do to lift your breasts.  Chest muscle exercises will increase the size of your pectoral muscles, but these muscles are underneath the breast and will not lift the breast.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting Exercises

+1
Unfortunately there are no exercises that will lift your breasts. Working on your pectoralis muscles will give you better tone in your chest muscles but will not lift your breasts. If you are interested in surgery I would recommend you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Breast lifting exercises

+1
There are no exercises that will lift a breast. Once it strectches out, the only way to raise the nipples is with surgery.

Frederick G. Weniger, MD, FACS
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon