Breast Lifting Exercises

My breasts are starting to droop more as I get older. Are there any exercises I can do to lift my breasts? Will working on my pectoral muscles help?

Exercise Will Not Lift Breasts

+2

Exercise will make you stonger, will shape your muscles and will give you more energy.  It does a lot of great things, but will not lift sagging skin or breasts that have lost their shape.

Breast Lifting Exercises

+2

There are no breast lifting exercises that truly help to lift sagging breasts. It would require an operative intervention such a breastlift (mastopexy) or a breast augmentation/mastopexy.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Exercises to avoid a breast lift.

+2

Thank you for your question.  I see a similar question frequently when it comes from the abdomen.  Most of my patients want to know what they can do to tighten loose breasts and abdominal skin after childbearing.  The the short and unfortunate answer is not much.

After childbearing the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen lose their elasticity.  Diet and exercise unfortunately cannot regain that lost skin tension.

The paradox of exercising, which I strongly encourage is that it will lead to less body fat which will ultimately further loosen the skin of the breast as well as the abdomen.  So paradoxically, patients who do everything right often wind up getting even looser.

If you work on your pecks enough you will diminish your body fat and get looser.

You may wish to see a board certified plastic surgeon who can at least give you options.

Hope this helps.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Exercises Don't Lift a Sagging Breast

+2

Unfortunately exercises do not lift the breast.

Exercising the pectoral muscles can reshape the chest, but will have no effect on breast position and little or no effect on breast shape.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast exercises for sagging breasts

+2

Thanks for your question.

Unfortunately, there are no exercises to stop or reverse breast droop. Breast ptosis (sag) can be caused by time or changes in breast size (through breast feeding or weight loss). These factors cause the elasticity of the skin and the Cooper's ligaments (internal supporting structures that keep the breast perky) to decrease. This leads to breast sagging.

There is no exercise that will reverse or prevent this. Exercise only helps the underlying pectoralis muscle but will not improve the sag of the breasts.

I hope this helps!

Steven H. Williams, MD

Exercise will not lift the breasts

+1
Unfortunately exercise will not lift the breast.  Sagging is from excess skin.  Breast lift can give you a beautiful outcome. Sometimes implants alone are enough. Either way there is no nonsurgical method for breast lift.

Gary Lawton, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Can Exercises Lift Breasts?

+1
The pectorals muscles lie deep to the breasts, and they don't send muscle fibers into the breasts. Consequently a pec work-out won't lift the breasts. The muscles of the breasts are limited to the nipple/areolas where they constrict and make the nipples erect. Options to help improve sagging might include a breast lift and/or a breast augmentation, depending on your physical examination. If you're interested in improving your sagging breasts, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who does aesthetic breast surgery.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Exercise to lift breasts?

+1
It is unlikely that exercise will lift your breasts.  The breast skin is not tightly attached to the muscles.  Exercise is good for you, but if you want perkier breasts you will likely require surgery as well.

David Stoker, MD

Exercises to help with sagging breasts

+1
The answer is NO.  Exercising the Pec muscle has NO affect on the breast gland above it.  Its urban legend.  What causes sagging is laxity of the skin and ligaments within your breast tissue.  Unfortunately no exercise will help.  Now wearing a Bra religiously will aid.  Remember gravity is on all day.

Rady Rahban, MD

Breast lifting exercises

+1
There are no exercises that you can do to lift your breasts.  Chest muscle exercises will increase the size of your pectoral muscles, but these muscles are underneath the breast and will not lift the breast.

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon