Breast Lift Without Surgery?

I want my breasts to be a little more lifted but I'm in no way ready for all the scars associated with full on breast lift surgery. Is it possible to get a breast lift without surgery, like with a skin tightening laser (Titan?) or something?

Skin tightening lasers will not lft breasts

+2

Non surgical skin tightening technologies such as Laser, Radiofrequency (Thermage), and Infra red energy (Titan and LuxIR Deep) can only produce about 10-20% skin tightening in the face, a structure which does not have a heavy gravitational pull.

The breast weighs more and is subject to much more gravitational pull than is the face. These forces overcome any skin tightening effects of the non surgical skin tightening therapies.

Don't waste your money on these therapies.

If you really need a breast lift find an experienced Plastic Surgeon Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and discuss a Dermal mastopexy and see photos of the scars produced.

In my experience most women are so happy with the shape and look of the lifted breast that they are not concerned about the scarring.

Can breasts be "lifted" without surgery?

+2

NO. A"lift " entails raising the nipple/areola complex back to it's original anatomic position and refoming the breast mound by taking in the breast skin (skin bra) in a three dimensional manner.

Lasers ,suction drugs.exercises can not do this. Se my site for other replys to similar questions and pix.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with minimal scarring

+1
Nonsurgical skin tightening treatments tend to be unpredictable and may take several sessions to achieve visible results. You can try, but so far none have been as effective as breast lift surgery. Talk to an experienced board certified plastic surgeon about the periareolar ("donut" or Benelli) technique. The periareolar ("donut" or Benelli) technique is suitable for the treatment of mild to moderate ptosis (classified as grade I or II). It is also the least invasive form of breast lift. You may find that you won't be able to achieve the results you want with this technique.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Breast lift without surgery?

+1
It is unlikely that you will be able to lift your breasts without surgery.  Aside from breast lift surgery, fat grafts or implants would be small incision options for lifting some breasts.

David Stoker, MD

Breast lifting without surgery

+1
The equation for droop is too much skin, not enough breast tissue. This is treated with an implant, and/or taking away skin, (Mastopexy). Exercises, pills, creams, meditation, etc; will not correct the anatomical abnormality. Best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. He/she will evaluate your situation. Together you will come up with an appropriate plan for you. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Breast Lift Surgery Is Your Best Option

+1

Breast sag can adversely impact a women’s self image, self confidence, and self esteem and for this reason many seek correction of this problem. However, they are often afraid of surgery and therefore look for other non surgical solutions. These may include laser treatments, exercises, pills and topical creams. None of these treatments have been shown to be effective in addressing breast sag.

Unfortunately, surgery with removal of excess skin is necessary to correct this problem. This requires a breast lift procedure. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical mastopexy

+1

You are asking for a miracle cure that unfortunately does not exist. There are no definitive methods to tighten the skin despite the hype. If we could do it with breasts then we could do this for the rest of the body and eliminate face lifts, tummy tucks, etc.

Although we may disagree on many different topics, it appears from my colleagues opinions below that we all agree that there are no satisfactory non-surgical breast lifts.

Scarless breast lift

+1

Any true lift of the breast will require some sort of scar. Botox will not do it, and certainly none of the lasers will.  Sorry but no scarless breast lift.

Scarless Breast Lift

+1

Every breast lift technique that works leaves some kind of scar. There simply is no reliable technology available to lift the breasts without leaving some sort of mark on the skin.

What we can do is to minimize the scars of a breast lift by leaving them only at the border of the areola in an effort to camouflage them. Another option might be to have an augmentation because this can create the illusion that the breast have been lifted due to the volume enhancement. These two options are only going to help patients who need minimal lifting.

There are other techniques that create less scarring with a more formal lift. I would also advice the use of silicone sheets and lasers to assist with minimizing scar formation post-operatively.

Good Luck,

Thomas P. Sterry, MD, MS, FACS

Thomas P. Sterry, MD