Breast Implants Without Going Up in Size?

My current size is 36D. I'm unhappy with the moderate amount of sagging and loss of firmness. My question is, can I get small breast implants instead of a lift to increase fullness and lift the breast without going up in cup size? I would like to avoid the scarring from a breast lift.

Lift vs Breast Augmentation vs both

+1
With time breasts loose their superior pole fullness and also sag. Unfortunately for most both an implant or in some cases a fat transfer ("California breast lift") to replace the upper pole of the breast fullness as well as a lift is needed for optimal results and the happiest patients.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/augmentation/, https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/brea

Breast implants for a lift

+1

The majority of patients that desire more fullness because their breasts sag a bit, really need a lift.  An implant usually does not do the trick.

VIDEO (Click HERE) Breast Implants Without Going Up in Size

+1

I do not think you would be happy with the implants alone but you may benefit from the use of fat grafting.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

I would not recommend breast implants without going larger

+1

Breast implant placement alone does not lift anything. Saggy breasts treated with implants alone become larger droopy breasts in little time. Look into a good breast lift.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Not likely

+1

Unfortunately, onec can't pick and choose on this.

The breast implants will give a moderate lift, but if the nipple is below where the underwire is, you will get a double effect- the implant profile, and the breast tissue flagging off of the implant.

Also, you need to use an appropriate sized implant to get a good result, and with a 36" chest, you will need a larger size implant.

The scars usually fade and look quite nice when healed.

sek

Breast implants.

+1

Hi!

1) Don't do it! You will regret it, i promise you. Implants have no role for you. I have been there. Small implants wil do nothing, and since you are already a D cup, large implants will create a deformity.

2) In New York City, I must see a woman with your situation about once a month. If I cannot convince the patient to have a good internal breast lift with a lollipop scar, I turn her away.

3) And sometimes they come back months later, miserable, having had implants elsewhere, telling me how right I was, and asking for a lift (which is now much harder).

Breast implants will always add breast volume

+1

Breast implants will always add breast volume. Sometimes volume can be used to achieve a pseudo-lift. That's when a breast implant is used to fill loose skin, usually after pregnancy or weight loss. It works well when the nipple-areolar complex is above the inframammary fold (the crease below the breast).

A breast lift is needed when the breast volume is sufficient but there is an excess of skin with a low nipple position. There are several options for addressing the excess skin. Generally speaking, the bigger the lift, the more scarring and the smaller the lift, the less scarring. The scars can range from the "anchor scar", which has a scar around the nipple, a vertical scar and a horizontal scar to the "periareolar scar", which is a scar only around the nipple-areola.

An exam and full discussion is always needed to understand the options and which procedure may be best for you.

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant without increasing size

+1

The simple answer to your question is “NO.” It is impossible to use any implant without increasing the breast size by the size of the implant. Also, it usually requires a relatively large implant to really fill the breast skin envelope in order to obtain any real lift. If you want a lift without an increase in size, you will have toe accept the scars, as there are no other methods available. Breast Lift scars, if done well, can disappear and do quite well.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Implants vs. lift for sagging

+1

Sometimes it isn't an either/or situation. When breasts sag, there is often a component of volume loss that contributes to it and this can only be corrected by adding volume back with implants. The implants do not have to be large but if you want some fullness to be maintained in the upper portion of the breast then you should consider it. On the other hand, implants without a lift for sagging isn't always a good long-term option either. Most of the time (but not always) a combination of a lift and implants gives the desired result, and in my experience the short-scar techniques tend to work best when combined with at least a small implant.

Breast implants make you go up in size

+1

Any time you add an implant you are going to go up in size. If sagging is the main issue the only way to deal with this is a lift. While the scar are initially a problem they typically settle down over time, especially with the new short scar lifts. Using an implant to affect a lift will definitly increase your size.

Good Luck!

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon