375cc Breast Implants to Get Small D Cups?

Hi,

I'm 5"4, 118 pounds, with a petite but curvy and muscular build. I currently wear a 34 B. I'd like to be a small D and my surgeon recommended 375cc Breast implants. Does this sound about right?

Thanks!

Breast Implant selection

+2

For a petite person, 375 cc implants are rather large. It's also rather imprecise to discuss cup sizes considering that this system of measurement is highly inaccurate due to manufacturer differences and improper bra fitting. Because of this, most surgeons rely on chest wall measurements to select implant sizes.

Along with assessing breast skin tightness, surgeons can better determine appropriate implants for a given person's anatomy. Chest wall diameter should match implant width or the implant will be too wide and encroach upon the armpit area.

Higher profile implants allow for narrower diameters and more volume, and I'm sure your surgeon plans on using a higher profile device. Other than width, volume should match what the soft tissues can safely handle. Previous pregnancies and looser breast skin allow for some volume increase, but only a careful breast exam would provide these details. Despite providing large volumes and narrow diameters, some high profile implants have too much projection and look unnatural on given patients.

Finally, implanting inappropriately large devices causes irreversible changes to the soft tissues due to constant pressure from the implants. This may be an acceptable surgical plan, but without the other details, this seems like an aggressive augmentation that may have consequences down the road. If every 100-150 cc's equates to added cup sizes, a small D result seems underestimated in your case.

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as   “natural”  or “small D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

375 cc implants

+1

Without an exam it is difficult to say what would fit your anatomy.  Also cup size does not always correlate with implant volume.

VIDEO (Click HERE) 375cc Breast Implants to Get Small D Cups

+1

375cc Breast Implants to Get Small D Cups: This sounds about right to achieved the desired cup size but you may want to try sisers to confirm this appearance.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast implant size.

+1

Hi!

1) Sounds a little large, but in any case it is just an educated guess. I think it is a mistake to make the final decision about implant size in advance.

2) We have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in our operating room.

3) Then, during surgery, we insert disposable breast implant SIZERS in the patient's breasts to actually see which one gives you the look you want. Then we discard the sizers and open the correct permanent implants from our inventory. No guess work.

4) Make sure your surgeon really understands the look you want. Cup sizes mean different things to different people. Your surgeon needs to show you pictures of many attractive breasts, so you can pick the ones that fit your self-image.

5) You may find the link below helpful.