Are 275 Ml Breast Implants Too Small for C or D Cup?

I am getting saline breast implants and I am very worried about the size. My surgeon says that I have 250ml of my own breast now and I want to be a full C to a D cup. To achieve this, he thinks no bigger than 275 ml. Do you think this sounds right? I am very worried thinking it could be too small when I see all of other people's implant sizes.

Judge your breast augmentation on its "look" not the cup size

+2

It is far more important to get the look you want than to try to match a specific cup size. Make sure your surgeon knows how you want to apprear and that they feel comfortable that the chosen implants will get you there.

Trying to estimate how much volume you have in cc's now and adding a certain number of cc's to try to get to a specific cup size sounds like a formula for an unhappy result to me.

Implant Selection Process

+1

The larger the implant, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

275cc implants too small for C or D cup?

+1

This question has many variables in it.  My favorite word when it comes to breast augmentation surgery is proportion.  How tall are you?  What do your hips/shoulders look like? How much breast tissue do you have to start with?   My most important measurement is the base width of the breast. 

That being said, women can be three different bra sizes at the same lingerie shop.  We also try and have patients bring in photos of what they like, as different people will have different aesthetic perspectives.

Most important is to have a good talk and exam with your plastic surgeon.  It is OK to ask questions.  Together you can come up with a plan to meet the goal.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

275cc Saline Breast Implants

+1

Funny that I just posted my blog on this very topic then saw this question. CUP SIZE IS IRRELEVANT. See the post below but what it comes down to is what do you want your body to look like? If you tried on sizers and 275cc gives you the look you want than it doesn't matter what the bra size is.

All bra manufacturers use different sizing systems so bras from two different companies will fit differently. There are so many other issues that have to be considered such as your height, weight, shoulder width, hip width, buttock size etc. that stating just the implant cc size isn't much help.

Again use sizers and find the size that works for you.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and cup size.

+1

Hi!

1) Show your surgeon pictures of what you want to look like. This is much more useful than talking about cup size.

2) Your surgeon needs to use disposable implant SIZERS during your surgery to see for sure what size looks best. In my opinion it is a mistake to make the final decision about implant size in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

3) 250 cc's to 300 cc's is probably the range you want.

4) See link below.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant size

+1

That sound right, but know that cup sizes vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also, you may want to bring in pictures of breasts that you find attractive to your plastic surgeon. This way, you'll both be on the same page as to your specific goals. I actually have my patients place implants in their bra and look in the mirror to grossly determine the size that they want. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast implants

+1

Cup size is difficult to predict. Measurements of the chest and what you are starting with help guide the final result. Starting out with about a "b" cup now may get you into a "C" cup with the 275 cc's you suggested. But without examining you it would be difficult to tell you for sure.

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

This is not possible to predict without more information. We would need to know your height, weight, bra size now, and also measurements that are done at the doctors office.

You chose this plastis surgeon for a reason and you have to trust him. If you have no trust in him then you should find another board certified plastic surgeon to do your surgery. It is very difficult to predict the size after surgery. So I always ask my patients to focus on a look. They usually relay this to me by doing the rice test which is described on my journal section of my website.

Hope that helps you out.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

As you know there is a lot of variablity in bra sizes and what is a "C" or "D" will vary by manufacturer. It is better in the long run to not focus on bra size, but to end up with a pretty breast that mainains its appearnce and shape over time with the least risk of problems.

Plastic surgeons have learned that purely considering the volume of the implant should not be the primary consideration. During a consultation for breast augmentation it is important for the surgeon to listen to the patients desires and wishes- and give realistic feedback based on her/his professional experience.

An examination with measurments and analysis of your breast and chest dimensions, as well as the thickness and qualtiy of the breast skin and and soft tissue is done. Based on the exam frequently a range of choices- optimal implant size, dimension and shape, as well as slightly larger than optimal or slightly smaller than optimal may be reviewed. When decsions to use implant sizes and dimensions that are far out of the optimal range-based on your breast analsysis- are used then there may be an incresed risk of problems.

Without knowing the details of your exam as well as the dimension of the 275 cc implant you are speaking of I cant give you a specific answer. You might ask your surgeon what are the trade-offs or downsides of going with a larger implant?

John E. Gross, MD

Breast implant size

+1

This is very difficult to answer without seeing or knowing your current cup size. Statistics show that the majority of breast augmentation patients wish they had gone larger with their implant selection. However, you can only go as large as your tissues will accommodate.

If you are unsure of the size, you need to return to your plastic surgeon, try on some other size implants (place them in a bra), until you and the surgeon are comfortable with the implant choice. It is very rare for a patient to end up being "too big"; more often than not, the patient feels they could have gone with a slightly larger implant.

William Bruno, MD