Will Liposuction at Same Time As Breast Implants Surgery Lengthen Recovery?

I have scheduled my surgery for breast implants, I plan to use 350cc silicone over the muscle at the cost of 6,000.00 now I am thinking that I might as well have a fat pocket in my lower abdomen liposuction. How much extra cost and recovery time be?

Liposuction and breast enlargement

+2

I have seen more of my patients opt for combination procedures at one time. It makes sense for you have one anesthetic, one recovery. You heal consurrently, in other words, at the same time so it would not add more time to your recovery. In fact, you would not even pay attention to one of the procedures.

Combining procedures also lowers your costs. We offer a mommy makeover program with discounts up to 40%!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and Breast Augmentation At the Same Time

+1
Having two procedures performed at the same time is possible, but it can make your recovery more difficult since you'll have to be mindful of two treated areas: your midsection and breasts. You'll also have to tend to all the incisions related to your surgery, making sure to keep them clean according to your surgeon's instructions. It is certainly possible and many of my patients have had this done with highly satisfying results. The length of recovery won't be much longer.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Liposuction and Breast Augmentation - good combination

+1

Your recovery will mostly occur simultaneously rather than sequentially so basically you will recover from both at the same time without lengthening recovery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction and augmentation

+1

I perform liposuction and breast augmentation all the time at the same time. It should not be  problem in terms of recovery.

Combining liposuction and Breast Augmentation is common

+1

Combining liposuction and Breast Augmentation is a common procedure. Depending on the extent of the liposuction, this should not significantly add to your recovery. I often do combination procedures and would offer my patients SmartlipoMPX the abdomen. This alone, usually only requires only 1-2 days for recovery back to normal activity.

Talk with your plastic surgeon about the cost, but there may be a small financial benefit by combining these procedures. Smartlipo MPX by itself, only requires a local anesthetic, so it may be better to do this as a stand alone procedure if your Breast Augmentation is being done under general anesthesia. The additional costs by combining these would depend not just on the surgeon, but also on the OR and Anesthesia charges.

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Combining liposuction and Breast Augmentation

+1

Hi there-

The combination of procedures you are contemplating sounds very reasonable provided you are in good health.

Adding what sounds like a small bit of liposuction should not add significantly to your recovery limitations.

As for the increase on your expense, this will depend heavily on your surgeon's policies and your geographic area.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation and liposuction are safe and should not add to your recovery

+1

Breast augmentation and liposuction are safe to perform together, and compliment one another with overall improvement in contour. Your recovery time will be about the same. For the lower abdomen your surgeon will probably charge in the range of $2000 to $4000, but this may vary based on the extent of the liposuction and the general costs in your area.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Adding limited liposuction shouldn't make for a difficult recovery

+1

Your description of your plans seems to involve a relatively straight forward breast augmentation, and a liposuction procedure that is limited to one general area. This should not add too much time to your recovery. It is important to have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon, however, about adding this procedure.

While the addition of limited liposuction is not problematic, when multiple sites of large volume liposuction are added to other plastic surgery procedures, the time under anesthesia can become too long, and the likelihood of complications can increase. I will routinely perform limited liposuction and breast augmentation together here in Santa Barbara.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the belly at the same time as breast augmentation

+1

From your description of a fat pocket limited to the lower abdomen, I would venture that an estimated additional cost increase would range from 2-3,000 USD. It is interesting that many individuals who get breast implants alone get a bloated stomach. Therefore combining the two may cause additional swelling. In general this is an area that is well tolerated and may be unsightly due to bruising but will not significantly prolong the recovery. If, your fat pocket is due more to loose skin from prior pregnancy, liposuction will only worsen the condition and you may be better off with a tummy tuck.

Adding Lower Abdominal Liposuction to a Breast Augmentation

+1

Having a combined breast Augmentation and Liposuction of the lower tummy will NOT overly extend the duration of surgery resulting in significantly higher risks. The operations can be and are done together and their recovery is not prohibitive. The added cost would vary based on your geographic area.