Breast Implants for Women with Naturally Large Breasts?

I have naturally large breasts (36C) but I am considering to get Breast Augmentation surgery. I like the look of Breast implants and especially appreciate how perky the breasts are ( I would aim for a large D or DD).

Also, I have heard that if a woman has stretch marks on her breasts and gets a larger implant, the stretch marks will be less visible. I would like some feedback on my remarks.

Also, how would the surgery be if I already have large breasts (for example, do you remove some tissue or just place the Breast Implant etc.)?

Breast implants for large breasted women

+2

This is an oxymoron. If you are large, maybe you need a lift to get a perkier result. Implants without a lift will end up with your relatively heavy brasts falling off the end eventually and looking very matronly. What you want to achieve might not be possible for your anatomy. You should visit a few well qualified plastic surgeons and ask about the short and long term results you might possibly have.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Implamts in large breasted women

+2

The problem with large implants is that they will age independent of the breasts which means that if placed under the muscle, the implants will remain high and the breasts will "fall off" of them creating the "Snoopy Deformity". If implants are placed over the muscle in a large breast, the appearance of stretch marks may temporarily improve by being stretched bu the breast and implant will sag together due to the combined weight and lack of support. in regards to your other question, we sometimes perform a lift/reduction and implants in large ptotic (sagging) breasts

Breast Implants for Large Breasts

+1

It’s always difficult making decisions about breast size without performing a physical examination or seeing pre-operative pictures. In addition, the patients underlying anatomy and personal preference for size and shape must be considered as well.

Breast augmentation in women who already have large breasts, should be approached with caution for a variety of reasons. When women have large breasts, it’s not unusual for them to also have breast sag. This is usually their primary problem and frequently requires a breast lift for correction. When the breasts are lifted into proper position, they often times look bigger then they did when they were saggy. Under these circumstances, breast augmentation may not be necessary to obtain a good result.

In other cases, placement of breast implants might actually accelerate breast sag by stretching the overlying breast tissue.

Women who have large breasts who are considering breast augmentation should proceed cautiously. In the short term, this procedure might meet your aesthetic goals, but over the course of time, the results might be less than optimal. It’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon who will evaluate your unique anatomic findings and aesthetic goals to make an appropriate decision. 

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what you would need.  But, if you have a fair amount of tissue, then you will have more soft tissue coverage than others with smalle breasts.  As for the stretch marks they may get worse, better, or stay the same.

Implants for naturally large breasts

+1

Great questions but without photos can not guess on your appearance. Please submit photos or see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area. You may need a lift also. Regards.

Large Breasts and larger implants

+1

It really depends on what we are dealing with. As far as stretch marks go, no they do not look better, and infact if you have larger implants placed to make you a D or DD then there is a likelihood the stretch marks will look worse over time and more prominent.

If you dont need a lift, the procedure involves placing saline or silicone implants to achieve the size you need, there is no removal of breast tissue. Just remember, breasts dont remain perky forever specially with large implants.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastaugmentation-breastimplants-newport-beach.php

Breast Augmentation VS Breast Lift in naturally LARGE breasted Women

+1

Without a visual clue as to your appearance any real assessment of your appearance is impossible and all answers should be regarded as general in nature.

"I like the look of Breast implants" - A well-chosen implant and executed breast augmentation does NOT look "done". As a matter of fact, few can tell if such a person had a breast augmentation. You appear to like the artificial, round encapsulated breast look which most plastic surgeons prefer to avoid. Such results are not hard to produce - all one has to do is to do several things we should NOT be doing.

"I...appreciate how perky the breasts are ( I would aim for a large D or DD)". - A perky breast is a result of youth, continued breast support and perfect coordination between the location of the nipple complex, breast surface area and breast fill. Attempting to reach "perkiness" nirvana by ever increasing breast implant volumes always fails. Skin being stretchable, will always give under the weight and all such breasts will rapidly sag,

"I have heard that if a woman has stretch marks on her breasts and gets a larger implant, the stretch marks will be less visible" - Totally false. Stretch marks are more aptly called stretch cracks. They are full thickness, permanent cracks in the skin caused by rapid stretching which fill with scar tissue. As the skin is FURTHER stretched with ever larger implants the stretch marks do not become narrower - they become wider and more prominent. Larger implants will NOT improve stretch marks and may make them much worse.

Dr. P. Aldea

Breast implants for women with naturally large breasts

+1

Many of the questions you ask are dependent on your breast anatomy. Breast implants will allow you to increse your cup size and in many instances, reestablish upper pole fullness to you breasts. Due to the fact you are a 36C looking to go to a D or DD cup, you may require a rather large implant to achieve your goal. The problem with this is it may end up increasing your stretch marks. Depending on how much breast sagging (ptosis) you have, you may also require a lift to give you an optimal result.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. He/ she can evaluate you and discuss what options would be best to help you achieve your goals.

Good luck.

Munster Plastic Surgeon

Achieving both the shape and size breasts you want

+1

Hi there-

In cases like yours, a pleasing long term result can be achieved through particular techniques combining the best of breast reduction and augmentation techniques, in order to give you the shape and size you want, without the fear of excessive sagging over time or breast disfigurement.

You need to find a surgeon with a great deal of experience in breast surgery.

For help finding one, please read this:

Web reference: http://orlandoplasticsurgery.blogspot.com/2009/11/choosing-plastic-surgeon-part-2.html#f550

Implant in naturally large breasts

+1

As others have echoed here, it really depends. If you go really large you might end up droopy and need a breast lift to fix it maybe really soon. How large "large" might be depends upon your tissues and your current breast shape.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.