Does Post-op Fat Necrosis of Breast Tissue Usually Resolve?

I am three months post-op from anchor lift/implants. I had a negative mammogram one month prior to surgery. I now have two areas of probable fat necrosis per ultrasound, one is 7 mm and the other is 2 cm. Breasts came out great and the lumps are not visible, but I can feel them and I am concerned that these two areas will not resolve on their own without intervention.

Is this common? Will it likely resolve? Is there anything that can be done other than excision? I also read about these causing an inflammatory process. Thanks so much.

Fat necrosis after breast surgery

Fat necrosis is very common after any surgery in fatty tissue - whether after breast lift, liposuction, etc.  Fat necrosis is a condition where bruised fat cells have died and the body's normal reaction (inflammatory process) to remove it is felt as a lump.  It takes time for the body to totally remove it: 3-6 months is not unusual.  In some cases, the lump will form a firm scar, which could be removed surgically if need be.  For the time being, you should follow your surgeon's advice and just give it time.