Breasts and Pectorals Look Weird After Implant Removal

After I had my implants removed, my breast look weird as well as the pectoral muscle. When I lift my arm, breast goes up also just as if i had implants. It also feels like something is missing in the middle of my breast, like there is no muscle there anymore, making my breast go apart, closer to my armpits and changing its shape. Did my doctor do anything wrong? Can anything can be done in this situation? Before augmentation, I used to work a lot with pectoral. What about now? Will it make my breast look even more weird?

Implant removal

+2

I would assume from what you have said that you have your implants in for a while. Things are usually never the same I would bet that your surgeon did not do anything wrong.

The pec muscle is released inferiorly when the implants are put in so after having the implants for a while the pec muscle atrophies or thins out a bit and does begin to window shade superiorly. So, yes inferiorly you do not have any pec muscle and you may have somewhat an hollow area.

A lot also depends on how big your implants were and how much breast tissue you have. You may also need a lift which would help things out.

Good luck.

Strange pectoralis contraction distortion (animation deformity) after breast implant removal (explantation)

+1

Releasing the muscle is a normal part of the intiial surgery. However, reattaching the muscle is considerablly more difficult. To some degree, I would avoud pectorais exercises. Botox can be used for this purpose but will require repeated treatments. Hollows can be filled with fat grafting.

Medial hollow from Breast augmentation

+1

Your pocket has scarred down to the pectoralis muscle. The muscle has been cut at the inner lower border - on purpose. Now that the im[plants are removed, the muscle separate and the breast tissue follows. To correct the hollow, fill the hollow with fat and attempt to resuspend the muscle.

Your doctor did not do anything wrong!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Breasts and movment

+1

It is very hard to tell without examining you, but the muscle is usually divided inferiorly to allow the implant to sit properly, and may distort now that the implants have been removed.

Aesthetic result after breast implants are removed

+1

The breast implants that had been placed have stretched out the tissue around them. When the implant is removed you will notice some sagging of the breast. If this displeases you, you may choose to have another implant put in its place or to receive a small breast lift.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast implant removal

+1

Breast implant removal without replacement of the implants is not a cosmetic operation. Sometimes things can look funny and require additional surgery for repair.

Best Regards.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon