Would I Need a Breast Lift After Breast Implant Removal?

I want my breast implants removed. One is 250cc and the other 270cc. I am only 5"2" and have a size small top. My question is, am I going to need a lift or will my breast go back to their original size without to much sagging?

Breast lift after breast implant removal.

+2

You will return to your preaugmentation size if you have not gained or lost weight or had children since your augmentation.  The one exception to this is the menopausal years.  It's not unusual for menopausal ladies to get a little busty even if their weight stays stable. 

Whether or not your shape changes depends on your skin elasticity, the size of the implants (your implants are not large) and how long they have been in and of course, all of the issues above. 

Some of my happiest patients are those who have had implants for years, have gotten busty with menopause and no longer want the implants.  I remove the implants and the capsule (scar tissue) and do a vertical breast lift.  The patients love their smaller and perky breasts and have no more implant issues to deal with. 

Implant removal has vastly varying results

+1

It is very difficult to give you a definite answer without an examination. Need for a lift will be decided by your surgeon.

After breast implant removal, your breasts will certainly look smaller, flatter and more sagging. In some cases the breasts can look somewhat wrinkly and unattractive. But each case is unique as every result can vary.

• If the size is your reason for implant removal, you may consider down sizing your current implant size.

Depends on the elasticity of your tissue

+1

Everyone is different, some look normal others sag. However, by sutring the pocket closed I can lift the breast tissue and improve the chance that everything will return to normal.

Aesthetic result after breast implants are removed

+1

The breast implants that had been placed have stretched out the tissue around them. When the implant is removed you will notice some sagging of the breast. If this displeases you, you may choose to have another implant put in its place or to receive a small breast lift.

Hard to predict

+1

Without seeing you this one is hard to predict. Some women have their implants removed and have no further surgery and are happy. Others come back later wanting something revised.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Implant removal

+1

Very difficult to say without seeing what you look like right now. Even then it is sometimes hard to say if you need a lift. The options are to have the implants removed and ask your surgeon to perform a lift if he at the time of surgery decides you need a lift. Otherwise, you can remove the implants and allow thing to settle and see what happens.

Most of the time the surgeon can tell you if you need a lift or not once the implants are removed, but in certain cases it is a harder thing to determine specially if the patient is borderline.

Hope that helps.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastrevision-newport-beach.php

Removing breast implants

+1

Very tough question. It is really hard to predict even if you have great skin with good contractile properties. Many do very well with just removal , but still there are alot of people that need a lift. One suggestion is to just remove the implants and give them time to settle. Then if they are sagging, you can have a lift performed.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.