How to Make Your Boobs Bigger - Pills or Creams?

I have very small breasts, and really want to make them larger. I have been looking at different options, breast augmentation being one of my top choices, but also looking at breast enhancing pills. I'm afraid the hormones and estrogen in them might be dangerous, but of course the websites won’t tell you that! I don't have a lot of extra money for surgery, but I really feel like I want this not only for my self confidence, but overall for my personal happiness. Thanks!

There are no pills or creams that work for breast enlargement

June 24th, 2010

Hormone therapy to increase breast size is not specific for the breast tissue,so unless you want to be fat and have big boobs, if not a realistic choice. Approximate 300,000 women have breast augmentation is performed in the United States every year,by board-certified plastic surgeons. The procedure is safe and not as expensive as you would think. Suction devices such as inconvenient, time-consuming, and not effective.

Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon. Many offer financing programs also.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Safe breast augmentation

May 23rd, 2014

The science is clear - pills and creams will not enlarge your breasts safely - at best you will waste your money.  Currently the only safe, reliable an dproven methods of breast enlargement are by way of surgery using either implants or your own fat to enlarge the breasts.  The old saying "if it seems too good to be true...."

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Lotions and potions

January 25th, 2015

I would not want my wife or daughter to use the products you suggest because they are not necessarily safe or specific for what you really want.  Augmentation is not without risk but they are known and may be discussed with a board-certified plastic surgeon and minimized with a surgeon passionate about their patients' safety and results.  

Don't believe the hype around breast-enhancing pills & creams.

January 19th, 2015

In the vast majority of cases, these claims are not evaluated by FDA. I have never seen them deliver an effective result. Breast augmentation (whether it is with silicone or saline implants) is the single most effective way to enhance your bust. 

Not only are pills and creams claiming to enhance your bust ineffective, they can be potentially dangerous because you are ingesting unknown substances into your body without the consultation of a physician. 

If you are at all concerned about keeping a 'natural' look and feel, breast augmentation via fat transfer can also be a viable option. 

In any case, I highly recommend avoiding so-called 'bust-enhancing' pills or creams.

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS

Anna I. Wooten, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - non-surgical options?

January 17th, 2015

Unfortunately there are not many (if any) good non-surgical options for breast augmentation that I know of. However, breast augmentation has become much more affordable recently, especially if you opt for a saline implants instead of silicone. The priority of course is obtaining the outcome that you want, so if you want silicone, it is of course worth it to save up for the device that will get you as close to your desired outcome as possible.

I would recommend obtaining an individualized quote for surgery from a plastic surgeon to find out what options you have available.

Good luck!

January 3rd, 2015

This question actually made me chuckle a little. If we actually had this pharmacological method to increase breast size, Im afraid we would be out of business!  The only true method to increase breast size is with an implant or fat injection.  There are some suction devices that have had minimal success.  

Christian Prada, MD, FACS

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

No pills or creams for reliable, safe breast enhancement

January 2nd, 2015

I would stay away from pills and creams for breast enhancement- especially if they are under the supplement category, which is much less regulated than medical grade drug therapies. Ultimately, these solutions are not going to give you the enhancement you desire and may even be dangerous. You may want to consider care credit- a plastic surgery financing company in order to make monthly payments for breast augmentation rather than paying a big bill up front. Good luck!

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Meghan Nadeau, MD

Breast Augmentation is Safe & Effective

December 31st, 2014

This is a very common question. Currently, breast augmentation is the only safe and reliable way to enlarge the breasts. As you mentioned, it's impossible to know how safe those types of pills are. What we know for sure is they're just not effective. Better to save your money and not waste it on those products. Many plastic surgeons offer payment plans that help ease the financial aspects of this surgery. You might want to investigate those options further if this is something you'd really like for yourself but you're concerned about your budget.

Neither pills nor creams are reliable.

December 29th, 2014

Hormone therapy can sometimes increase breast size as a temporary side effect, but certainly should not be used solely to enlarge your breasts. Breast augmentation using implants is the safest, most reliable way to boost your cup size. Many plastic surgeons today offer financing either directly through their practice or via referral to a medical financing organization like CareCredit. You can also wait a bit longer to save up and pay for your surgery yourself. I suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to see what your options are, both in terms of the surgery results and a practical look at total costs.

Nirav Savalia, MD

Nirav Savalia, MD

How to augment your breast

December 18th, 2014

In general, breasts can be augemented as follows:
Normal development in the teen years
Pregnancy
Weight gain
Hormone changes
Surgery

There is no cream for breast augmentation.

But let's set that aside an talk about your self confidence and happiness. There is no cream for those things either....but I would like to think that a good physician can play a role in self esteem and a healthy life. Hopefully you can find a doctor who can guide you. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.