Breast Augmentation with High Blood Pressure

I am having breast surgery in 4 weeks, but have high blood pressure, of 135/95, will they still be able to procide with the operation?

Your cardiologist approval is a must

+2

You have borderline hypertnsion and this need to be evaluated by your doctor. Youmay respond well to salt reduction in your diet or may need medication. The problem is not your current blood presuure of 135/95 ,but possble higher pressure when you come out of anesthesia. The main concern is the bleeding post surgery and also your health long term. Please treat your blood pressure before surgery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Hypertension and Breast augmentation

+2

You should first determine the cause of the high blood pressure because it may be an indication of underlying disease and/or could be easily treatable. Over the long term this has tremendous implications for you overall health and can lower your risk of heart disease or stroke. Medications can be used in the operatve period to control your blood pressure and is advised.

Breast implants and high blood pressure

+1

It is extremely important for you to have a thorough medical work-up and be properly medicated to keep your blood proessure under control. High blood pressure can lead to many complications. Besides risks like stroke, etc.. Focusing on the breasts, high blood pressure may lead to a hematoma in the implant pocket which is not a good thing and would require additional surgery.

Hypertension before breast aug

+1

You will need clearance from your primary doctor. You should definitely have this checked out before you go ahead with surgery, especially one that is elective and not "necessay." It is just not worth the risk. It could be treated by something as simple as changing your diet or it be the start of heart disease which is very serious and complicates things.

So it is best to get it under control. Once you figure out and correct what the underlying problem is, you should be ok to proceed with surgery providing that everything else is ok.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Hypertension prior to breast augmentation

+1

You should speak with both your plastic surgeon and your primary medical doctor. The cause of your high blood pressure should be determined and then controlled prior to any elective surgery. This will help you both in the short term with reducing risks related to your surgery, and also in the long term with reducing long-term risks related to chronic hypertension. Your surgery may need to be delayed a few months as this gets sorted out, but this will assure the safest course for you. Good luck and best wishes, /nsn.

Cosmetic Surgery and High Blood Pressure

+1

I concur with my colleagues. It is important for you to get evaluated by an Internist (Internal Medicine M.D. or primary care physician) regarding your borderline high blood pressure (hypertension) of unknown etiology. That needs to be worked up and managed first before considering any elective cosmetic surgery.

Breast Enhancement & High Blood Pressure

+1

Hi there-

Let's put things into perspective...

Plastic surgery is something that can be very healthy and provides a positive change in the lives of many women every year...

But it is not like a heart operation for someone who needs one, or a mastectomy for someone with cancer... in other words, it is not NECESSARY.

Because that is the perspective I believe in, I don't believe in taking ANY unnecessary risks when I perform surgery.

Therefore, I would recommend you not have your desired surgery until your medical doctor has evaluated your hypertension for possible causes, and the two of you have gotten it under good control.

Once your blood pressure is controlled, there should not be any reason you cannot proceed with surgery to a lovely outcome in a safe manner.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Hypertension and breast augmentation with mastopexy

+1

The lower figure is a bit high, but not bad.  Tell the ps, see your family doctor.  You don't mention your age, but you may be wise to get an ekg.  You should also discuss with your private doctor treating the bp.

No breast implants with high blood pressure.

+1

Hi.

In New York City, we do not do any elective surgery such as breast implants or tummy tuck or liposuction in a woman with uncontrolled high blood pressure. You need to find out why, and then it needs to be brought down to near normal before surgery. Safer.

Breast augmentation with high blood pressure

+1

Absolutely NOT! You need pre operative medical clearance and medication control. You are asking for a problem and so is your operative surgeon.

From MIAMI

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.