Is It Ok to Have a Brazilian Butt Lift, Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift W/ Augmentation Same Time?

Having Brazilian Butt Lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift with implants all at once seems attractive but you want great results

+4

Thank you for your question. Having Brazilian Butt Lift, tummy tuck, and breast lift with implants all at once seems attractive, but you want great results, right? Lgistically, you will likely lose a lot of the fat from laying on the transfered fat.

As an alternative, consider Breast lift w/implants and some liposuction of the tummy transferred to the butt as the first surgery.

For the second surgery, you can have the tummy tuck and then be turned prone for the remaining liposuction of the flanks and a second session of fat transfer to the butt.

To be sure something like this is right for you, see at least two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Things that CAN be Done, often SHOULDN'T

+3

Hi there-

I am in complete agreement with Dr. Aldea.

Performing all of these procedures at once may seem to be to your benefit to you at first blush, and a surgeon who offers to do so may therefore be more attractive to you because of this willingness to do what you ask, but please consider this:

• I hope it is safe to assume that your goals in pursuing this plastic surgery are to be safe and to achieve the most beautiful appearance for your breasts, your abdomen, AND your buttocks that is possible for you.
  • If this is the case, please know that there is NO way (I don't care who does it) that your outcome in the areas operated on will be as good if the procedures are combined as if they are staged.
  • Your risk of serious complications will dramatically increase by combining them.

So, in summary, combining the procedures undoubtedly LOWERS your chances of achieving your best outcome, and undoubtedly RAISES the risks of the surgery. Combining the procedures is therefore a great way to be sure that your goals (to be safe and as happy as possible) are never achieved.

Now that we understand that, what do you think about the surgeon who is offering to do them at the same time for you? Here's what I think- that this is the kind of surgeon willing to do whatever it takes to gain your business and your money- including putting you at unnecessary risk and lowering your chances of being happy with your outcomes.

Be careful what you ask for- you will find someone who will give it to you.

Your best bet is to have the Brazilian Butt Lift first, then at a second operation a safe tummy tuck and breast enhancement procedure.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

The Logic of having a Brazilian Butt Lift, Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation / Lift altogether

+3

Whenever we consider surgery, we should look at

- surgical risk and complications

- potential for achieving the same results expected when the operations are done separately. 

- the ease of recovery

Let's  start with the unpleasant topic of surgical complications. Those unwanted uncommon bad things that can happen with every procedure even when the best care was rendered. It is well known that the longer an operation, the higher the risk of complications such as blood clot formation and infection. 

The more areas get operated on, the more sore you will be, the less mobile, the less mobile and the higher the risk of blood clots and pneumonia. Your recovery will certainly be slower and more uncomfortable the more procedures are lumped together. 

With a longer recovery and inability to poorly ambulate much less stay off your buttocks (due to breast and tummy pain) , you risk losing more of the fat grafted to the buttocks than if you did not have surgical pain in other areas forcing you to spend more time on your back. 

For the best results, I would do it in two stages: liposuction with Brazilan Butt Lift followed by Tummy Tuck with breast Augmentstion.

Doing a tummy tuck together with too many other operations increases your risk of a blood clot to your lungs.

+2

Hi.

I don't think this combination is safe and I would recommend that you do it in two stages.  Doing the tummy tuck and the breasts together is fine, and then in a few months you can do the butt lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Safety in combination plastic surgery

+1

It has been demonstrated that the combination of TT and liposuction can increase your risk of blood clot complications.  This is why we use Ted hose and sequential compression devices for patients in addition to early ambulation and sometimes even a shot of blood thinner.  For this reason, it is considered a relatively benign combination.  The combination of TT with ANY other operation has never been demonstrated.  There is no evidence of it.

If one doesn't select his patients carefully, then complications can be more present.  Overall, combination plastic surgery is safe, generally a benign thing to do but you must be evaluated by your plastic surgeon and your anesthesiologist. 

I prefer to stage these operations as it is quite a complex recovery with the limitations that each procedure implies.  It has nothing to do with the incidence of clot.  

E

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Recommend Brazilian Butt Lift Prior To Breast Lift and Tummy Tuck

+1

I prefer to stage this procedure.  If a tummy tuck is combined with fat grafting to the buttocks, one of the results may be compromised.   Either the tummy tuck will have to be loosely closed to allow the patient to lie completely flat, or the patient will have to sit on the buttocks causing pressure necrosis to the grafted fat.     In order to maximize survival of the grafted fat cells, it is important to not lie on your back or sit for 10-14 days.    Therefore, I prefer to perform aggressive liposuction of the abdomen, flanks and concerning areas with buttock fat grafting as a first procedure, followed by the tummy tuck and breast surgery 3-6 months later.     I believe this maximizes fat survival to the buttock and allows for optimal tension on the tummy tuck closure.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Body Contouring

+1

You need an in person examination and assess your medical condition.

An abdominoplasty with Dermis Fat Graft to the buttocks . Then in a second stage the breast lift , liposuction around the bittocks and fat transfer to the buttocks will gove a nice result.

Combining Tummy Tuck, Brazilian lift, and Breast Lift

+1

I often have combined the procedures routinely, and I do feel that lying on the grafts may hinder their growth.

I tell my patients a second round of fat grafting may be needed for the best results.  During tummy tuck a lot of good fat is produced, however, and I do not like "wasting" it.  So I will go ahead and get as much fat into the buttocks as I can at  the first surgery.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

It is Ok To Have Brazilian Butt Lift and Breast Augmentation or Brazilian Butt Lift and Tummy tuck at the same time

+1

.

In the past I used to not recommend Brazilian Butt lift with any other procedure because of the fair of traumatizing the fat while the patient was lying on his or her back. Now, 7 years later, I routinely combine Brazilian Butt Lift with Breast augmentation or Breast lift or Brazilian butt lift with Tummy Tuck. I do not combine more than two procedures at the same time on the same patient because I feel it may be too much surgery.

Jaime Perez M.D

Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist

Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD