Will Using a Heating Pad After Brazilian Butt Lift Give Adverse Effect on Belly & Butt?

I heard that the belly and butt are sore after bbl.. Is it ok to lay onto of warm heating pad for belly and place another heating pad across butt? To sooth soreness, can I place it on bare skin or clothes?

Can a heating pad be harmful after the BBL?

A  heating pad is not adivisable after any body sculpting. With regard to the BBL it  can kill some of the fat cells, and thereby compromise the result. It should not be used on the fat donor sites either. You should follow the advise of your plastic surgeon regarding post-op care.

Heating Pads after Brazilian Butt lift

I do not allow any of my body contouring patients, including Brazilian butt lift patients, to use a heating pad of any sort in the post operative period. Often times, you will have areas of numbness and you will not be able to determine if the heating pad is too hot. This has the potential to create a severe burn. I strongly advise against using a heating pad.

Antonio Gayoso, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Using a heating pad after a Brazilian butt lift

The Brazilian butt lift is beautiful and effective way to contour your torso, create a flat tummy, a small waist, sculpted back, full hips, and round new bottom. In our practice here in Miami, we tell our patients that just as important as the experience of the surgeon and the techniques that were used is the postoperative care that the patient follows. We do not recommend that any patient use a heating pad over the area that has been operated on. Your best bet is to discuss your concerns with your doctor and make sure that you follow their postoperative regimen so that you can get the results you're expecting.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Heating pads after surgert

I generally do not recommend heating pads for post op pain management as the sensation in the surgical areas are compromised and you may not feel if the pad it too hot and make you suseptible to a burn. Talk to your suregon's staff and see what they suggest. 

Best of luck to you!

Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS