What if You Don't Have Enough Fat for Brazilian Butt Lift?

What if there isn't enough fat in your stomach or thighs to for Brazilian Butt Lift? How can you still get a bigger butt without implants?

Gluteal Reshaping

+2

Brazilian butt lift involved remove fat from the body and injecting the fat back into the desired gluteal area. Some patients may be better candidate for this procedure than other patients. Some patients may have more fat to inject than others. What is important is the liposuctioning as well as the injecting of the fat.

Contouring the gluteal area with liposuction is just as important as the amount of fat that is injected. So you may still get a nice result even if you think you may not have enough fat. Gluteal augmentation with implants leads to a high complication rate, especially with the implants that are currently available in the U.S.

If you have not yet seen a board certified plastic surgeon, I would recommend that and have them exam you to see what kind of result you can achieve.

Good luck.

Options for a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
First I would recommend that you seek a consultation by a plastic surgeon that commonly performs this procedure so that they can give you your options.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape.

Unfortunately fat cannot be taken from someone else and used for augmentation. However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants. Buttock implants can give patients a very nice result. Commonly buttock implants are combined with some fat transfer depending on the needs of the individual person.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Not enough fat for Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

It is very rare that one cannot find fat pockets accumulated in certain area to empty and transfer to the buttocks.

The love handles, thighs, and back are such areas were fat can be harvested and the body is sculpted.

Brazilian Butt Lift in Thin Patients

+1

Hi there-

I have had some excellent outcomes in patients who, for a few months before surgery, went on weight gain diets. Once the body accumulates a bit of fat, we are able to transfer as much as possible to the buttock, with a pleasing improvement in shape and a new proportion. The patient than loses the excess weight, but keeps the new shape (in other words, you will get smaller after you lose the weight, but the new shape and proportion of your buttock to the rest of you is maintained).

Buttock implants have come a long way too- but with either procedure its important that you find a surgeon with a lot of experience in this area. Ask to see photos and talk to former patients.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Then don't do it

+1

This is one of the worst operations we do, in my humble opinion. I have been in practice over 30 years and find buttock augmentation to be something I have no desire to do. Sometimes some well planned liposuction can help re shape the buttocks - but adding fat and implants to them is usually not the best.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Not much

+1

If you don dot have fat ,then you will get less result. Buttick implants and injectable material have high risk of complications. Combination of lipo and fat grafting will work.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

There is no substitute for fat yet.

+1

IF you do not have enough fat, there is littel you can do.

However, the results of a Brazilian Butt Lift are often enhanced by doing agressive liposuctionin the small of the back and in the hip regions to create the illusion of a bigger buttock.

Fillers are not a realistic option.