Brazilian Butt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips?

I am 5'4", 26" waist, and 35" hips. I mainly gain weight at midsection/flanks/inner thigh area. I have very pinched in butt cheeks toward the center. I seek contour and uniformity over immense localized volume. I also lack volume on the lower side of my hip areas (I have high placed hips). I would like my butt and hips to have harmony together rather than jagged edges. Do I have enough fat to harvest for Brazilian Butt Lift?

+3

Dear SterlingCoco,

Thank you for the photo but in order to truly determine if you have enough fat to harvest for a BBL without leaving a secondary donor defect, one would like to see photos of the abdomen, thighs, and possibly upper back.  If you di have enough fatty tissue in these areas, you would be a good candidate for a BBL.  You have good skin tone and areas of fullness in the central buttock that do not need more volume.  By adding more volume to the lateral buttock and decreasing volume in the lower back/flanks, you should obtain a very nice result.   Of course this requires a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you better define your goals and how to achieve them.

Best of luck.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian butt lift for V shaped buttocks and narrow hips

+3

Thanks for your question and photo.  The Brazilian butt lift with fat grafting to the hips seems like a great procedure to address your concerns.  You may need to gain a little weight prior to surgery.  I would need a photo of your abdomen and/or your weight to better snswer your question.

Andrew Jimerson, MD

Ca Buttock question

+2

Great idea to include the photo, it's quite helpful.  Your dimensions as well make this question more fun to answer so that we are talking more specifics rather than generalities.

In the photo, I agree that you have a Vshaped muscle but interestingly, I see your frame to be a narrow Ashape.  This could provide great prognosis for your result.  You seem to carry around a modest amount of fat pockets but I think your medial and lateral thighs in addition to the lumbar region and lower back and flanks would combine with whatever you had in your back and abdomen for a substantial collection of fat.  You don't need a considerable amount of augmentation.  Most of the time the fat is used for reshaping (that point in the mid buttock that dents in for example) and thinning of your inner thighs and transition areas around your gluteus max and min muscles.  You're a great candidate for the surgery.. I wonder if you've done it by now. 

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

The Brazilian Butt Lift is Really about Redistributing your tissues...

+2

Hi there-

The Brazilian Butt Lift is extremely popular, and very effective in achieving patient's desired buttock shape because it really should best be thought of as a RESHAPING of the buttocks AND the surrounding areas. This is very important, because we don't look at the buttocks in isolation, but rather within the context of the surrounding areas, such as the hips, thighs, and abdomen. Sometimes subtle changes in the buttocks, combined with changes in the context (changes in the shape of the buttocks, hips, abdomen, etc) produce a dramatic improvement in the overall shape.

Without examining you in person, it is not possible to say whether you would be a good candidate for this procedure, but from the photo you supply it looks like you may be a good candidate, particularly as it sounds like your goal is not a dramatic increase in size of the buttocks, but rather a reshaping as described above.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community with experience doing these procedures and visit for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Buttock Augmentation

+1
Brazilian butt lift is so popular because it enables your plastic surgeon to transform your entire shape. Liposuction is performed in all the areas that you mentioned to shape your body.

The amount of fat needed depends on the shape and needs of each individual patient, however in general at least 500cc per buttock need to be placed to see a significant difference. On average patients typically receive around 800cc per buttock side for a total of 1600cc of fat transfer. However just like a breast augmentation the amount of fat needed various from patient to patients. Also the sculpting done with the liposuction is a big part of the procedure to improve the overall shape. The fat can be placed in specific areas and combined with the liposuction to help you achieve the results that you desire!

Unfortunately fat cannot be taken from someone else and used for augmentation. However if a patient has a BMI of 22 they typically will have enough fat for the Brazilian butt lift. If they are smaller than this then they will need to consider doing an augmentation with implants.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon.

In general of the procedures that I perform this is one where patients tend to be universally extremely happy.

Johnny Franco, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips

+1
A Brazilian Butt Lift is designed to take almost any buttock "frame" and recontour the shape into a more pleasing contour. The important part of this procedure is understanding your anatomy and how liposuction can reshape the perimeter of your buttocks. In addition, placement of fat into the perimeter of the buttock can also take a V-frame or A frame buttock and give it a more "rounded" appearance.  It is difficult to tell from your picture if you have enough fat deposits to liposuction, however, if your are more interested in reshaping your buttock over volume, you would not need a tremendous amount of fat to liposuction.

Robert Najera, MD

Brazilian BUtt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips

+1
This kind of configuration benefits greatly from fat transfer. The areas lacking roundness can be filled out, and the excess fat of the waist, flanks and thighs can be removed. Having enough fat is a question best answered in a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. The picture shown indicates a good likelihood of sufficient fat.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation for V shaped buttocks

+1

Whether you have enough fat for the procedure is difficult to say based on this one photo. I would be helpful to know your weight or see additional views to comment. Your shape can certainly be rounded out by adding more to the hip area and subtracting some from the upper outer portion of the buttock, which is contributing the square/V shape. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure on a regular basis for a thorough evaluation.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Get a BBL

+1

The procedure might require that you gain a little weight but not too much, just enough so that we can then use your natural fat in the process Consider the Braziian butt lift prosedure for this.

Jonathan Fisher, MD