Brazilian Butt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips?

I am 5'4", 26" waist, and 35" hips. I mainly gain weight at midsection/flanks/inner thigh area. I have very pinched in butt cheeks toward the center. I seek contour and uniformity over immense localized volume. I also lack volume on the lower side of my hip areas (I have high placed hips). I would like my butt and hips to have harmony together rather than jagged edges. Do I have enough fat to harvest for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Brazilian butt lift for V shaped buttocks and narrow hips

+4

Thanks for your question and photo.  The Brazilian butt lift with fat grafting to the hips seems like a great procedure to address your concerns.  You may need to gain a little weight prior to surgery.  I would need a photo of your abdomen and/or your weight to better snswer your question.

+3

Dear SterlingCoco,

Thank you for the photo but in order to truly determine if you have enough fat to harvest for a BBL without leaving a secondary donor defect, one would like to see photos of the abdomen, thighs, and possibly upper back.  If you di have enough fatty tissue in these areas, you would be a good candidate for a BBL.  You have good skin tone and areas of fullness in the central buttock that do not need more volume.  By adding more volume to the lateral buttock and decreasing volume in the lower back/flanks, you should obtain a very nice result.   Of course this requires a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you better define your goals and how to achieve them.

Best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Ca Buttock question

+2

Great idea to include the photo, it's quite helpful.  Your dimensions as well make this question more fun to answer so that we are talking more specifics rather than generalities.

In the photo, I agree that you have a Vshaped muscle but interestingly, I see your frame to be a narrow Ashape.  This could provide great prognosis for your result.  You seem to carry around a modest amount of fat pockets but I think your medial and lateral thighs in addition to the lumbar region and lower back and flanks would combine with whatever you had in your back and abdomen for a substantial collection of fat.  You don't need a considerable amount of augmentation.  Most of the time the fat is used for reshaping (that point in the mid buttock that dents in for example) and thinning of your inner thighs and transition areas around your gluteus max and min muscles.  You're a great candidate for the surgery.. I wonder if you've done it by now. 

Best Wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

The Brazilian Butt Lift is Really about Redistributing your tissues...

+2

Hi there-

The Brazilian Butt Lift is extremely popular, and very effective in achieving patient's desired buttock shape because it really should best be thought of as a RESHAPING of the buttocks AND the surrounding areas. This is very important, because we don't look at the buttocks in isolation, but rather within the context of the surrounding areas, such as the hips, thighs, and abdomen. Sometimes subtle changes in the buttocks, combined with changes in the context (changes in the shape of the buttocks, hips, abdomen, etc) produce a dramatic improvement in the overall shape.

Without examining you in person, it is not possible to say whether you would be a good candidate for this procedure, but from the photo you supply it looks like you may be a good candidate, particularly as it sounds like your goal is not a dramatic increase in size of the buttocks, but rather a reshaping as described above.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community with experience doing these procedures and visit for a consultation.

Armando Soto, MD

Brazilian BUtt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips

+1
This kind of configuration benefits greatly from fat transfer. The areas lacking roundness can be filled out, and the excess fat of the waist, flanks and thighs can be removed. Having enough fat is a question best answered in a personal consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. The picture shown indicates a good likelihood of sufficient fat.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Buttock augmentation for V shaped buttocks

+1

Whether you have enough fat for the procedure is difficult to say based on this one photo. I would be helpful to know your weight or see additional views to comment. Your shape can certainly be rounded out by adding more to the hip area and subtracting some from the upper outer portion of the buttock, which is contributing the square/V shape. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure on a regular basis for a thorough evaluation.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Get a BBL

+1

The procedure might require that you gain a little weight but not too much, just enough so that we can then use your natural fat in the process Consider the Braziian butt lift prosedure for this.

Jonathan Fisher, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift to shape the butt. #brazilian butt lift# shape

+1

Much of the Brazilian Butt Lift operation has to do with shaping of the buttock, which I think is what you were alluding to. When I perform this operation, most of the time spent with making the butt look good, is to remove fat around the butt. This includes taking in the waist by improving the flanks, and contouring the inner and outer thighs. Once we obtain the fat, then we can inject this back in to enlarge the buttock. Just realize, if we did not inject fat, the buttock shape is much improved nonetheless.

Difficult to know if you have enough fat, but I would ask the surgeon who you are considering working with if he or she feels you have enough fat. I have always discouraged gaining weight for this procedure as its difficult to loose the added weight and once you return to your original weight, the buttock size has also decreased.

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

More Fullness on Sides and Less Of Pinched In Look Achievable with Brazilian Butt Lift

+1
Thank you for including a photo with your question. Based on the photo and your measurements alone, however, it would be difficult to say with certainty whether you would have enough fat to transfer to your buttocks to achieve the result you want with a Brazilian Butt Lift,  although it does look like you do. Keep in mind that your mid-section is not the only place where transferrable fat exists.  
It looks like what you'd like is more fullness in your buttocks so they don't look as "pinched in" like you said, and an improved contour on the sides of your buttocks, where they meet your hips. This is very doable with BBL. You can also consider implants if you don't have enough fat to transfer.

Jerome Edelstein, MD