Brazilian Butt Lift for V-shaped Buttocks and Narrow Hips?

I am 5'4", 26" waist, and 35" hips. I mainly gain weight at midsection/flanks/inner thigh area. I have very pinched in butt cheeks toward the center. I seek contour and uniformity over immense localized volume. I also lack volume on the lower side of my hip areas (I have high placed hips). I would like my butt and hips to have harmony together rather than jagged edges. Do I have enough fat to harvest for Brazilian Butt Lift?

Brazilian butt lift for V shaped buttocks and narrow hips

Thanks for your question and photo.  The Brazilian butt lift with fat grafting to the hips seems like a great procedure to address your concerns.  You may need to gain a little weight prior to surgery.  I would need a photo of your abdomen and/or your weight to better snswer your question.

Dear SterlingCoco,

Thank you for the photo but in order to truly determine if you have enough fat to harvest for a BBL without leaving a secondary donor defect, one would like to see photos of the abdomen, thighs, and possibly upper back.  If you di have enough fatty tissue in these areas, you would be a good candidate for a BBL.  You have good skin tone and areas of fullness in the central buttock that do not need more volume.  By adding more volume to the lateral buttock and decreasing volume in the lower back/flanks, you should obtain a very nice result.   Of course this requires a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you better define your goals and how to achieve them.

Best of luck.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Ca Buttock question

Great idea to include the photo, it's quite helpful.  Your dimensions as well make this question more fun to answer so that we are talking more specifics rather than generalities.

In the photo, I agree that you have a Vshaped muscle but interestingly, I see your frame to be a narrow Ashape.  This could provide great prognosis for your result.  You seem to carry around a modest amount of fat pockets but I think your medial and lateral thighs in addition to the lumbar region and lower back and flanks would combine with whatever you had in your back and abdomen for a substantial collection of fat.  You don't need a considerable amount of augmentation.  Most of the time the fat is used for reshaping (that point in the mid buttock that dents in for example) and thinning of your inner thighs and transition areas around your gluteus max and min muscles.  You're a great candidate for the surgery.. I wonder if you've done it by now. 

Best Wishes,

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

The Brazilian Butt Lift is Really about Redistributing your tissues...

Hi there-

The Brazilian Butt Lift is extremely popular, and very effective in achieving patient's desired buttock shape because it really should best be thought of as a RESHAPING of the buttocks AND the surrounding areas. This is very important, because we don't look at the buttocks in isolation, but rather within the context of the surrounding areas, such as the hips, thighs, and abdomen. Sometimes subtle changes in the buttocks, combined with changes in the context (changes in the shape of the buttocks, hips, abdomen, etc) produce a dramatic improvement in the overall shape.

Without examining you in person, it is not possible to say whether you would be a good candidate for this procedure, but from the photo you supply it looks like you may be a good candidate, particularly as it sounds like your goal is not a dramatic increase in size of the buttocks, but rather a reshaping as described above.

Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your community with experience doing these procedures and visit for a consultation.

Thank you for your question and photo,

Yes a Brazilian Butt Lift is a good procedure for you, An evaluation is necessary. Seek  a Plastic surgeon to perform your procedure. Best luck to you.

Orlando Llorente, MD

Consult with a surgeon...

The Brazilian Butt Lift can dramatically alter the contour and projection of the buttock area.This procedure is associated with excellent success rates and high levels of patient satisfaction.Unfortunately, for many patients the rate limiting step for this procedure is the availability of adequate fat donor sites.Without adequate donor sites, the amount of fat that can be harvested and transferred is limited.Under these circumstances, the procedure may result in inadequate contour improvement and poor buttock projection.
Without donor site pictures or a physical examination, it’s difficult to know if a Brazilian Butt Lift will accomplish your aesthetic goals.For these reasons, it’s important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon with experience performing the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Yes, you are a great candidate for this procedure. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS

BBL and hips

BBL can precisely place fat to create a natural smooth contour from the hips to the upper buttock and I feel is one of the most aesthetic parts of the procedure.  Fat is first layered to shape the framework of the buttok and the remainder is placed centrally to increase the size, both are necessary.  Available fat donor sites includes abdomen, back, flanks, arms and thighs.  Most patients have what is necessary for their body frames except for extreme athletes.

Narrow hips + bigger butt = BBL

A Brazilian Butt lift combines liposuction of the hips with increasing the size and shape of the buttocks with the fat cells removed from the liposuction.  This is a win-win scenario!!!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon