How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?

I am wondering if the fat put into the butt surgically could melt away with time. Since I'm considering that procedure I want to know how long does it last.

How Long Does the BBL Last?

A Brazilian Butt Lift is designed to lift, recontour, and volumize flat or sagging buttocks to create a more youthful and shapely body profile. The procedure involves the removal of fat from around the buttocks (lower back, stomach, and upper thighs) in order to achieve more prominence and definition when the fat reinjected into the buttocks. To achieve the longest lasting results, I purify the extracted fat via centrifugation and use only the purest of the harvested fat for reinjection. In small amounts, the transferred fat is injected at differing depths in various areas of the buttocks to achieve the highest possible permanent absorption rate. That fat will remain in place forever; however, your enhanced buttocks – like the rest of your body – will continue to be subject to the natural aging process.

Dear Sandra, when fat gets transferred from one area to another it will not become vascularised for it to survive. When this process happens, the fat starts to behave as if it was born there. That is it will grow or decrease according to the changes that take place in you weight over the years. We know this from the few cases where fat gets injected into the face of a lean patient and then when they gain weight they would look like a hamster due to the amount of fat deposition that occurs in the cells that were transferred to their face. Saying this, whatever fat survives the ischemia period and gets vacularized would live there for ever and would only change if your weight gets altered.

Shady Hayek, M.D.
Beirut, Lebanon

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

How long does a Brazilian Butt Lift Results

After a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, your buttock will be quiet swollen from the fat transfer and fluid retention. During the first three months, you will notice the swelling subside as the fluid is reabsorbed and some of the fat droplets are also reabsorbed. I typically like to see the buttocks slightly larger (post op) than what the patient wanted to account for the fat and fluid reabsorption. After three months, the final shape and size of your buttock should be permaenent.

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.
Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

BBL results should be permanent

When done correctly, a BBL should give your permanent results. You will lose some of the fat initially, but whatever remains at 3 months after surgery, should be with you forever. Large changes in weight or pregnancy will have an effect though on your result, so it is important to follow healthy lifestyle. Choose a surgeon who has done hundreds and can show you long term results....not just pictures of their patients in the operating room or at teh first post-op visit!

Permanent Results for Buttock Augmentation

As long as the patient heeds the instructions after surgery to maintain their new body, the results should be permanent.  Patient's should always remember that it is fat and with excessive dieting and exercise your results may not last.  In order to ensure your results are forever, be prepared to maintain weight rather than lose.

How Long Do Brazilian Buttlift Results Last?

The Brazilian buttlift results that are obtained after 3 months are permanent if the body weight and body fat percentage are held stable.  This is dependent upon the amount of fat transferred, the way in which the procedure is performed, and the way the patient is managed in the postoperative period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

With Good Technique, Brazilian Butt Lift results should be permanent!

Hi there-

As long as it is done by an experienced BBL surgeon, your outcome should be permanent.

Once the fatty tissue "takes", meaning that it has re-established a blood supply, there should be no reason it would "melt away"...

Having said that, if you were to lose a major amount of weight, your buttocks will get smaller (just as the rest of you would), but the SHAPE of your butt and its relationship to your other body contours should be maintained.

These are prime reasons why our BBL patients are so very happy.

Please see my BBL before and afters here on RealSelf for confirmation.

How long does Brazilian butt lift results last?

With the transfer of fat to the buttocks, some fast does not make it and is absorbed. However the fat that assumes a good blood supply tends to be permanent. Of course this fat can expand or contract with weight loss..

You may be a candidate for the BBL procedure. However, a physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations. The amount of volume that can be added to your buttock will be limited by the amount of excess fat you have in your donor sites. The posterior flanks are a great reservoir of donor fat for the BBL procedure. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Orlando Llorente, MD