How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?

I am wondering if the fat put into the butt surgically could melt away with time. Since I'm considering that procedure I want to know how long does it last.

How Long Do Brazilian Buttlift Results Last?

The Brazilian buttlift results that are obtained after 3 months are permanent if the body weight and body fat percentage are held stable.  This is dependent upon the amount of fat transferred, the way in which the procedure is performed, and the way the patient is managed in the postoperative period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

How Long Does the BBL Last?

A Brazilian Butt Lift is designed to lift, recontour, and volumize flat or sagging buttocks to create a more youthful and shapely body profile. The procedure involves the removal of fat from around the buttocks (lower back, stomach, and upper thighs) in order to achieve more prominence and definition when the fat reinjected into the buttocks. To achieve the longest lasting results, I purify the extracted fat via centrifugation and use only the purest of the harvested fat for reinjection. In small amounts, the transferred fat is injected at differing depths in various areas of the buttocks to achieve the highest possible permanent absorption rate. That fat will remain in place forever; however, your enhanced buttocks – like the rest of your body – will continue to be subject to the natural aging process.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last? #buttocks #longevity of brazilian butt lift

Thank you for your question.  To review the process of a BBL, fat is taken from regions of the body where there is excess fat and then transferred to the buttock.  The methods physicians use for this to happen depends on the doctor.  Once the fat is cleansed, typically with an antibiotic solution in my practice, it gets injected .  Once fat gets injected into the buttock, a certain amount of this will not survive.  There is an ideal amount of fat that can be transferred and this is different for each person.  When the ideal amount transferred is reached, the fat graft take decreases over time.  Whatever fat does remain and live will be there forever

Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.
Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

With Good Technique, Brazilian Butt Lift results should be permanent!

Hi there-

As long as it is done by an experienced BBL surgeon, your outcome should be permanent.

Once the fatty tissue "takes", meaning that it has re-established a blood supply, there should be no reason it would "melt away"...

Having said that, if you were to lose a major amount of weight, your buttocks will get smaller (just as the rest of you would), but the SHAPE of your butt and its relationship to your other body contours should be maintained.

These are prime reasons why our BBL patients are so very happy.

Please see my BBL before and afters here on RealSelf for confirmation.

Dear Sandra, when fat gets transferred from one area to another it will not become vascularised for it to survive. When this process happens, the fat starts to behave as if it was born there. That is it will grow or decrease according to the changes that take place in you weight over the years. We know this from the few cases where fat gets injected into the face of a lean patient and then when they gain weight they would look like a hamster due to the amount of fat deposition that occurs in the cells that were transferred to their face. Saying this, whatever fat survives the ischemia period and gets vacularized would live there for ever and would only change if your weight gets altered.

Shady Hayek, M.D.
Beirut, Lebanon

Shady Hayek, MD
Lebanon Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does the Result Last

what you see initially after this procedure is not the final result, we all wait till around 3 months for all the swelling to go away, the result we get at that time we know it will be permanent as the fat the incorporated will act like normal live tissue in the body.

bare in mind, fat fluctuates with weight like any fat in the body , it will never disappear later on but could increase or decrease with weight fluctuations 

Omar Fouda Neel, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

BBL duration of results

If performed correctly a BBL will give permanent results after 2-3 months. You initially lose some fat cells early on but them all remaining cells are living and therefore last like all other cells. Of course aging can deflate any areas with fat over time. Gaining or losing weight can also affect your results.

It varies with fluctuations in weight. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS