How Long Does Brazilian Butt Lift Results Last?

I am wondering if the fat put into the butt surgically could melt away with time. Since I'm considering that procedure I want to know how long does it last.

How Long Do Brazilian Buttlift Results Last?

+2

The Brazilian buttlift results that are obtained after 3 months are permanent if the body weight and body fat percentage are held stable.  This is dependent upon the amount of fat transferred, the way in which the procedure is performed, and the way the patient is managed in the postoperative period.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Brazilian buttlift Los Angeles, CA

With Good Technique, Brazilian Butt Lift results should be permanent!

+2

Hi there-

As long as it is done by an experienced BBL surgeon, your outcome should be permanent.

Once the fatty tissue "takes", meaning that it has re-established a blood supply, there should be no reason it would "melt away"...

Having said that, if you were to lose a major amount of weight, your buttocks will get smaller (just as the rest of you would), but the SHAPE of your butt and its relationship to your other body contours should be maintained.

These are prime reasons why our BBL patients are so very happy.

Please see my BBL before and afters here on RealSelf for confirmation.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Will MY BBL Results Last

+1
This is a very common question as patients want the result to last if they are going to undergo surgery.

Fat transfer has become so popular because it allows your surgeon to use your own body tissue for the augmentation. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, and the amount of fat needed.

The results tend to last for years to come if your weight is stable. Just like any liposuction procedure, this does not prevent your body from being able to put on weight.

With the fat transfer patients typically lose about 30% of the fat that is initially transferred, the fat that is present six months post-op will remain as long as your weight is stable. If you lose weight you can lose some of the transferred fat, and if you gain weight you can increase the size of your buttock. The benefit of the fat transfer is that the fat is your own and acts just like the fat in other parts of your body. The benefit of the Brazilian Butt Lift is not only the fat transferred to your buttock but the shape transformation. This new shape will last for years as you will now have more of an hourglass figure than a square shape.

If you are at a healthy weight and maintain that you will be able to enjoy your results for year to come.

When considering this procedure it is very important that you have your procedure performed by a board certified plastic surgeon that commonly performs this procedure.

+1
Hey there,

Thank you for your question. The results of a BBL should be permanent as long as it's performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. When choosing a plastic surgeon, please make sure to do your research and more importantly, check the surgeon's before and after gallery for the procedure(s) interested in.

Thanks,
Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift results

+1
Brazilian Butt Lift results should last a lifetime. After 2-3 weeks, all of the fat has "taken". This means that the transferred fat has blood vessels which have grown into the fat cells to keep it alive and healthy. If you maintain your weight, the results and improvement to your shape and figure should last a lifetime. 

Stanley Castor, MD

How long does a Brazilian Butt Lift Results

+1
After a Brazilian Butt Lift procedure, your buttock will be quiet swollen from the fat transfer and fluid retention. During the first three months, you will notice the swelling subside as the fluid is reabsorbed and some of the fat droplets are also reabsorbed. I typically like to see the buttocks slightly larger (post op) than what the patient wanted to account for the fat and fluid reabsorption. After three months, the final shape and size of your buttock should be permaenent.

Robert Najera, MD

+1
Hello -

My best advice to you would be to set up an in person consultation with an accredited, board certified surgeon. Find a surgeon who has had results you find incredible, and someone who has vast experience in this field.
Now, initially you will experience a period where some fat cells are lost, but there is a line of demarcation, or sorts, in the 4-6 week post-surgery timeframe when all cells that have survived will remain.

Constantino G. Mendieta, MD

Brazilian Buttock Lift results

+1
Brazilian buttock lift (BBL) procedure is fat transfer from an area of excess fat to the buttocks and hips. Adding fat to the  hips and buttocks greatly improves the overall shape. As long as the patients follows the postop instructions, the fat transfer is permanent. Since this is your own fat, it will behave like the rest of the fat in your body. We have long term results in our practice. Many of our patients have adopted healthy lift styles with frequent exercise. They are able to maintain their BBL results years after the procedure.

Stanley Okoro, MD

Does fat last after Brazilian buttock lift

+1

The majority of fat transferred in a Brazilian buttock lift procedure will be permanent. About 60% or more of the fat will be permanent. It takes about 3 months after the procedure however to know exactly how much has survived. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to see if you are a good candidate for this procedure.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD