Brazilian Butt Lift Side Effects and Complications

What kind of side effects or complications can happen after Brazilian butt lift? How will I know if I am experiencing any of these side effects?

Potential Complications of Brazilian Butt Lift

+7

A surgical complication, by definition, is an unwanted event that cannot be prevented or anticipated. Every medical procedure, including surgery, has a known set of complications. If you are not willing to accept such events, you should not be having the procedure / operation because the surgeon cannot tell you if you will or will not have the complication.

A Brazilian Butt Lift is a procedure in which usually large volumes of fat are liposuctioned from several parts of the body and transferred to augment and shape the buttocks. As such the complications associated with it will be the ones involving anesthesia, surgery, liposuction and fat grafting. These include: death, bleeding 1-2%, infection 1-3%, pain, asymmetry, prolonged swelling, areas of numbness, clots in deep veins (DVT) which may go to the longs (PE), loss of grafted fat ("non take") visible hyperpigmented scars among others.

Dr. P. Aldea

Side Effects For BBL

+2
  • lumpy
  • bumpy
  • too big(more graft survives than what patient may have desired....rare).
  • too small( not enough fat obtained at harvest or not enough survived the transfer process)
  • persisting cellulite( dimpling may be resistant to correction, especially if it is associated with deformities acquired fro
  • trauma such as IM injections, accidents, etc. ).
  • persisting asymmetry( @ side continues to look different size or shape from @ other).
  • infection( typically a small abscess where some fat may have not survived)
  • donor sites left with residual deformity/laxity or looseness

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Brazilian Butt and Complications

+1
Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer to the buttock) is the best option in my opinion because it has the fewest complications. Liposuction is performed over several areas depending on the individual patient needs, but typically of the flanks, abdomen, back and thighs. This fat is then used for the augmentation.

The benefit of the Brazilian butt lift is that it lets your surgeon use your own body tissue to augment your buttock. This avoids the need for any foreign material or implants.

I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon that performs a significant amount of these procedures so they can help guide you to the surgery that will be best for you.

Johnny Franco, MD

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+1

Will start with your second question, how you will know if you have a complication, If you feel something is NOT RIGHT see your plastic surgeon, any excessive or late swelling, redness of the skin, elevated temperature, swallen legand pai, difficulty breathing , chest pain. SEE YOU DR. OR GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM.

Risks associated with Brazilian Butt Lift are this of liposuction, with a few additions

+1

Hi there-

first of all, it is important to realize that, as my colleagues have stated, ALL surgery will have risks you should be comfortable with before proceeding.

The key is to minimize these risks for yourself by choosing a surgeon, facility, and anesthesia provider carefully and maintaining your good health, and following you preoperativr and postoperative instructions conscientiously.

Under these circumstances, the risks should be quite low for a healthy patient.

The specific risks have been outlined below and so I won't repeat them, but of you would like some advice on minimizing the risks through careful decision making, please read my article on choosing a plastic surgeon (part 2)

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Risks of Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Risks can occur regardless of surgeon or technique. These include but are not limited to: infection, hematoma, discomfort, asymmetry, undesirable effect on associated muscles, overcorrection, undercorrection, pain, prolonged swelling, dimpling, fat necrosis, fibrosis, abscess formation, adverse medication reaction, allergic reaction, need for additional "touch up" injections, palpability, visibility, distortion with muscular contraction, need for secondary revisions, and inability to guarantee a specific cosmetic result.