I Think I Have Bottomed out a Little, Will my Breasts Continue to Drop?

I am almost positive that my breasts have begun to bottom out. Will they continue to drop or could they possibly stay how they are now? I don't have any discomfort, but I dislike the way they look when I raise my arms. I have an appt. to see my PS, but I just wanted to prepare myself for what he might say. I like to workout and am also wondering if this will affect the bottoming out at all. (I am 2 1/2 months post-op and have not started exercising again, but would eventually like to.)

Breasts "Bottoming Out"

+3

You are right. You have bottomed out and the only way to slow or stop the process is to wear a well-fitted bra whenever upright and especially when exercising to prevent the jack hammer effect of the breasts bouncing up and down unsupported.

In my opinion which I am sure would be contested by some of my colleagues, your implants are a bit on the large side for your frame. If you insisted on this size I would have preferred to use silicone filled implants which are lighter than saline. I would have used an around the areola incision, not a breast fold incision. The inframammary incisions weaken the bottom shelf of the breast and makes bottoming out easier. As you can see in your pictures, the breast fold scars are no longer in the breast folds but have moved up on the breasts.

hope this helped.

Dr. Aldea

Bottoming out can worsen with time

+2

“bottoming out”  is the term used to describe the condition which occurs when the breast tends to look as if it has descended on the chest wall after previous surgery,  whether the surgery involved implants, a lift, or a reduction.  In the case of “bottomed out” implants,  sutures can often be placed in the lower pole of the breast to re-elevate the breast on the chest wall.  This is called a capsullorraphy and can achieve excellent tresults in the correction of “bottomed-out implants.  Bottoming out may worsen with time, you should discuss the timing of correction with your surgeon.

Are My Implants Bottoming Out?

+2

Your concerns are validated. You do have bottoming out. You can tell not only by the fact that your implants are not centered underneath your breasts, but also because your incisions are higher than your fold. When the implants are too low, it makes your nipples appear higher. I recommend wearing a very supportive sports bra when exercising. It is difficult to say whether they will continue to bottom out more, but they will not improve on their own either. You will need revision surgery to address this.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Bottoming out after breast implants can be corrected.

+2

Hi.

1)  Your implants are definitively too low, and the left breast is significantly worse.

2)  I don't think exercise will make things worse after over two months.

3)  They may drop a little more no matter what you do, unfortunately.  Can be corrected with revision.

Bottoming Out?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

I do think that your implants are to low on the chest wall and may contain to move down with time.

One of the most common complications after breast augmentation surgery is implant mal-position. This occurs when the implant is in an incorrect position on the chest wall. This may include incorrect position of the implant superiorly (“riding high”), inferiorly (“bottoming out”), medially (“symmastia or uni-boob”) or laterally (falling outward into the axilla).

Bottoming out involves inferior migration of the implants. This causes the nipple areola complex to appear too high on the breasts. Also, the distance from the areola to the inframammary fold is too great. This is corrected by “raising” the inframammary fold using internal sutures. This is done after careful measurements are made from the areola to the “new” inframammary fold.

I would suggest in person consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons well-versed with revisionary breast surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastrevision.htm

Bottoming out

+1

As others have stated, it does look like you have "bottomed out."  At 2.5 months, your implants may descend even more going forward.  I would wear a supportive bra 24/7.  I think the Z bra is a good one.  I included a link to the website where you can order it.  I don't think exercise should make it worse, though you may want to avoid activities that are focused on the pectoralis muscles for now (such as bench press and push ups).  A revision will correct this.  The procedure is called a capsulorrhaphy or capsulopexy.  Good luck. 

Web reference: http://medicalz.com/plastic-surgery-breast-S014.htm

Bottoming out breast implants are not stable .

+1

In my opinion, your breasts will continue to drop until 6-9 months. In the meantime, I would wear a supprtive padded underwire bra to minimize distansion and help supoort closure of the lowe capsule.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Botttoming out

+1

You may very well be bottoming out based upon this photo.  Your nipples do look a bit high.  Good luck with your visit with yoru surgeon.

Bottomed out implants

+1

You have for sure bottomed out and will need a revision if you don't like the current look.  If you are only 2.5 months out, you may bottom out even further.