Can Botox That is Injected Between Eyebrows Go into Sinuses and Drain Down Throat ?

No, Botox is extremely unlikely to be able to get into the sinuses and drain down the throat.

This is an unusual question that makes me wonder why you ask it, but the sinuses are hollows inside the bone of your skull, so a needle would have to pierce the bone in order to inject Botox into your sinus cavities. This is extremely unlikely to have happened to you, and would even be extremely difficult to do with the tiny needles used for injection, but it is possible that local swelling from the procedure could cause some fluid buildup in the general area temporarily. Some people do report a temporary local headache from treatment, and some report relief of headaches. If you are noticing a post-nasal drip after your treatment, it is likely not the actual Botox fluid you are feeling, don't worry.

Botox Unrelated to Sinuses

It is highly unlikely that your Botox treatment is the reason for the discomfort you are experiencing in your sinuses. It may be a coincidence that the two events have overlapped each other, but there is no correlation between the injection and the throat/sinuses. If you have noticed your sinuses feeling different or somehow unpleasant recently, my best recommendation would be to visit an ENT doctor in your region and to evaluate your condition in-person. 

Botox and sinuses

I don't see a connection to the sinuses from botox injections, although theoretically if someone were to inject near the corner of the eyelids, deeply, so that the fluid would get in the tear duct (I have never heard of this!) then it could drain down the throat. I can't imagine the latter occurring, nor the possibility of drainage into the sinuses.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox going deep into body

The likelihood of botox going into sinuses would be incredibly rare (e.g. 1 in a million if not less). This concern or any other related to side effects would be minimized by making sure to be treated by an expert injector such as a dermatologist.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Highly unlikely

It would be highly unlikely that Botox injected between the eyebrows would migrate to the sinus cavities.  

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Botox is a local medicine

Unless you had a previous fracture or dehiscence of your frontal sinus bone, and unless your doctor injected the Botox through the fracture edges or fibrous union into the frontal sinus, Botox cannot get in your frontal sinuses.  This scenario would be so exceedingly unlikely that it should not concern you.  Botox, however, can affect swallowing if used in extremely high doses (overdose situations), which are not used in cosmetic situations.  To avoid unexpected results from Botox, make sure that your doctor is highly experienced in facial anatomy and in Botox administration and titration.

Thomas T. Le, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox injected into your forehead will not enter your paranasal sinuses and drain into your throat unless... have a personal history of a facial fracture, frontal sinus fracture, or frontal sinus surgery. In any of these scenarios, you could theoretically have a dehiscence or absence of the bony wall of your frontal sinus. This could make it anatomically possible for a 30 guage needle to penetrate your frontal sinus, and allow Botox to drain into your throat.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Migrating Botox

No this cannot happen.  Botox cannot get into the sinuses when it is injected in between the eyebrows.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Sinuses are inside skull

Botox injected into the muscles of the forehead will not have any access to the sinuses. You need not be concerned.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox to eyebrows

Botox injected in the middle of the eyebrows is injected into the muscles of animation and should not be able to enter the nasal sinuses or the throat.