I Got Botox in my Forehead 12 Mths Ago and Developed Two Lumps Within 4-5 Days. I Still Have the Lumps. Will They Disappear?

One of the lumps is a 'V' shape above my right eyebrow and the other lump is circular and 4cm in diameter located above my left eyebrow. I still feel tingling sensation in my forehead and have developed so many more wrinkles. I only had one that I wanted smoothed out and now I have way too many. The rest of my face looks youthful but after Botox my forehead has aged dramatically. Will my skin ever return to its normal state? The lumps look ridiculous.

Botox, botox complications, dysport, xeomin

+1

Whatver is happening to your forehead is not related to Botox. You need to be seen, examined and a proper diagnosis made

Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox should not cause lumps

+1

Certainly, there may be a temporary small lump in the skin of the forehead that does away in hours, but should not be there indefinitely. If there is a bruise, that should go away. If there is a hematoma, which is a collection of blood, usually that disappears eventually but rarely can form into a firmer calcified mass. Possibly, this is coincidental and not related to the botox, such as cyst or lipoma formation, but that would be unusual so quickly. You want to be sure that it was Botox from Allergan and not diluted with an unusual liquid. If you haven't seen the orginal provider who administered the Botox, then you should. If they are not a doctor, then you need to see a physician who is a Botox expert to evaluate your condition.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

Lumps after Botox

+1

As the other panel members suggested, it is concerning that you are experiencing these lumps for this length of time since the effects of Botox and Dysport generally wear off in 3 to 4 months.  It would seem prudent to have discussed this with the one that did the treatment for feedback.  If you choose not to return to the same practitioner, you are encouraged to have an evaluation by your physician.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjections.aspx

Lumps after botox

+1

If you had said I have a small lump( a few mm's) after Botox injection, then I would think that it was most likely a bruise.  At 12 months it may or may not be related to the Botox and more than likely not, but I would have to perform an exam to be sure.  Follow with your doctor to be evaluated.

Why would you live with something like this so long?

+1

First I would like to point out that 4 cm would be gigantic so I wonder if you meant 4 mm?  It is impossible to know what you are decribing with out at least a photo and more likely an examination.  Were you treated by a physician?  In which case, did you return to the doctor to learn what was going on?  If not I recommend that you see a dermatologist, facial plastic surgoen, or oculoplastic surgoen to have these evaluated.  After a year of this, please do not assume that they will eventually go away.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

+1

While Botox, to the forehead, may cause recruitment of the eyelid and eyebrow muscle casuing increased wrinkles, these effects should diminish as the effects of the Botox wear off at 3-4 months.  I am uncertain as to what may be the cause of lumps at 12 months post Botox.  IMHO, you should be examined by a plastic and cosmetic surgeon to evaluate these areas.  I wonder if the injections damaged branches of the trigeminal nerve creating neuromas.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com