Male Wanting A Botox Browlift- 4 Days and No Results (photo)

I have had 5 units of Botox to lift my brow, so that my eyelids will look lifted, do men have resistant brows?. It is day 4 and I cannot see any difference. When, will at all, I see a result?, or am I wasting my time. When can it be done again, and how many units do I need ?

Male Wanting A Botox Browlift- 4 Days and No Results

+1

Botox is great for lifting the eyebrows and many of my patients love the end results. It may be that you were under dosed and might not see a difference. I usually recommend 10-15 units to see full correction, male patients may require more due to how strong their muscle movement is. Wait 6-10 days to see your final result and go back to see your physician. 

Best regards, 

Botox browlift in a man

+1

Firstly, I would wait 2 weeks after any Botox injection before deciding if more is required. 5 units for a male is not a lot to lift the eyelids, so you may need more. At the same time, sometimes a surgical lift is required. Make sure to have your injections performed by a highly trained and experienced physician such as a dermatologist for optimal results. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Browlift

+1

5 units is usually not enough to elevate the brows.  However, wait a full two weeks for maximum effect.  If your are still not satisfied, seek more treatment.  Botox done correctly is a very satisfactory treatment for this condition.

5 units is far below what it takes to treat the brow muslces

+1

The starting amount for treating the glabella which is that area between and just above the eyebrows is 20-25 units.  Men can sometimes need more due to stronger and larger muscles.  The results are seen within 3-5 days and you will usually see the full effect  at about 10-14 days.   You can visit the  website for the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery or the American Society of Plastic Surgeons  to find a provider in your area.

Web reference: http://www.surgery.org/consumers/find-a-plastic-surgeon

Allow 10 Days for Maximum Results When Using Botox

+1

Maximum effect may take up to ten days when using Botox. However, depending upon the reconstitution ration, 5 units may not be enough. Most offices offer a 'touch up' service at a discounted price. I recommend contacting the office you were treated at for further recommendation.

Visit the link below for more information on Botox Cosmetic!

Web reference: http://www.feelbeautiful.com/face/non-surgical-treatments-san-diego/#botox

Botox brow lift

+1
Five units is a subclinical dosage to achieve an improvement. Generally, I would use a minimum of 4-6 units per side. Without examining the degree of ptosis in your brows, one cannot reach a definitive conclusion as to whether Botox is the appropriate treatment. Also, I advise patience. Botox can take a bit longer to act and, if the treatment was insufficient, additional therapy can be undertaken.

Brow Lift with Botox for Men

+1

Despite the photo, it does not demonstrate before/after results in order for this to be a tool in providing feedback.  However, receiving only 5 units total is considered, in our opinion, under dosing.   Typically, we inject 5 units EACH side of the tail of the eybrow in addition to 20 units (average) between the eyebrows to obtain an inner and outer brow lift of the brows. 

A common misunderstanding is that a 'brow lift" involves dosing the forehead.  On the contrary, a brow lift is achieved by treating the muscle around the eyes as well as the frown muscles between the eyebrows.

The below link demonstrates this technique.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botoxInjections.aspx

Botox and brow

+1

At four days after botox injection, it is a bit early to see results. usuallt the Botox kicks in within about a week. Sometimes a bit longer. I usually have people follow-up in two weeks to see what the result is.

5 units of BOTOX is a very small dose.

+1

I would advise you to lower your expectations.  You received a very small dose of BOTOX.  I do not think your injecting physician knows what they are doing.  You might try a different injector.  Also look at my website to learn about the microdroplet BOTOX forehead lift.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com

Botox Browlift- 4 Days and No Results

+1

Assuming the Botox was not dilute and active (not expired), 5 units may be too small a dose to weaken the depressor portion of the Orbicularis Oculi muscle which anchors down the lateral side of the brow. If you do not see a gentle elevation in a week or so, I would have your physician (hopefully) place more Botox in the area.

To read more and understand the challenge people face when receiving Botox, please refer to the page below

Peter A Aldea, MD