Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

Hi,I have smile lines on my face, my skin is so sensitive and my age is 40. I want to ask that which is better fillers or Botox? Which one have the less side effect Botox or fillers ?If I do fillers or Botox on my face for how many months it will stay?which company is best in fillers and Botox?please give me full information about it. Thank you!

Which is better, Botox or Fillers?

+3
Areas of the face that respond well include 'crows feet' lines around the eyes, vertical frown lines between the eyebrows, and horizontal ('worry') lines on the forehead. BOTOX ® can also be administered just below the lateral aspect of the eyebrow to produce a temporary lateral browlift, which opens up and brightens the eyes.
In some instances, BOTOX ® can be used to soften vertical upper and lower lip lines, to reduce muscle bands in the anterior neck, and even to elevate the nasal tip. While there are some good 'lower face' indications for BOTOX ® administration, in my practice the majority of injections are for 'upper face' (especially eye area) rejuvenation.
One truly remarkable consequence of BOTOX ® administration that I have seen over and over again is the gradual complete disappearance of deep, vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown or 'scowl' lines). With long-standing muscle contraction, the vertical lines between the brows may become actual physical clefts or grooves in the dermis, resulting in creases that are still apparent even when the skin is spread apart tightly with a finger on each side of the crease. In such instances, the initial BOTOX ® injection will soften but not completely eliminate the deep furrow. With regular BOTOX ® treatment, however, such that the frown muscles are never allowed to fully regain their normal ability to contract, the deep furrows may gradually fade completely.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox or fillers

+2

You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Although Botox and fillers complement each other, they are not interchangeable, since Botox relaxes muscle movement and fillers replace volume loss.  Each physician has his/her own preference of products to use so you need to find someone you trust. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

+1
It depends, but let me explain this to you in more detail. In choosing between Botox and dermal fillers, a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon will ensure you receive the results you’re aiming for.
Dermal fillers are actually used to significantly reduce the appearance of firmly established wrinkles. Specifically, they are used to soften facial creases, plump your lips and enhance shallow contours. Dermal fillers lift features of the face, correct wrinkles and to restore smoothness and volume to the skin. The effects of most fillers are nearly instantaneous. Most of the dermal fillers last from several months to a year or two before touch up treatments are necessary to extend results.

Botox is actually useful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles that have only recently appeared and formed, also known as dynamic wrinkles.Botox reduces the activity of the muscles that cause wrinkles such as frown lines, worry lines and crow's feet. Botoxworks by temporarily blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles, thereby reducing muscle movement and causing wrinkles to relax and soften.

Both treatments are effective separately, however used in conjunction can help achieve optimal results.

Dr. Carlos Chacon

Carlos O. Chacon, MD, MBA

Botox vs Fillers

+1
This is a very common question-thank you for asking it! Botox, Dysport and Xeomin work by stopping repeated muscle action at the site of injection. These treatments are very useful for lines and wrinkles that occur due to repetitive motion (specifically, the crows feet, "11" lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines and sometimes lip lines). Fillers, on the other hand, are best used for lines or folds that occur at rest, and can also be used to rejuvenate areas of lost volume. 

Both can be part of a well-crafted plan to enhance different areas of the face. An experienced facial plastic surgeon can explain which areas would be best treated with either Botox or fillers and can give you an idea of the risks and side effects. Generally speaking, however, both Botox and fillers are commonly used by millions of patients and have been studied extensively. The key is to have your treatments performed by an expert facial plastic surgeon who understands the underlying anatomy. Best of luck to you!

Anita Sethna, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox or Fillers

+1

Botox to crow's feet, glabella, and forehead lines can be indicated.   Fillers can be used to the tear trough, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, paralabial lines, among others.

BOTOX and/or Fillers

+1

As many of the previous doctors have already stated, BOTOX Cosmetic and dermal fillers act differently. These two products do complement each other very well, however, the roles they play are substantially different. BOTOX Cosmetic is used to relax the muscle, which causes decreased action of the treated muscle resulting in a smooth surface with a reduction of wrinkles. On the hand, facial fillers are utilized to add volume to areas of the face that have lost their volume with time.
Facial fillers are especially effective around the mouth, lower eyelid, cheek and lip regions.  As far as fillers, we prefer to use hyaluronic acid fillers and Radiesse.  The highest level of aesthetic results can be achieved when BOTOX Cosmetic and facial fillers are used together.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for dynamic and static wrinkles, respectively

+1

Botox is for dynamic wrinkles. Facial fillerrs are for static wrinkles, not related to facial muscle contractions or facial expressions and smiles, frowns, etc. Each fulfill a different problem. You need to see someone who has expertise in both Botox (Dysort, etc) and facial fillers (Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, etc) as each serves a different purpose in rejuvenating the face.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox or fillers?

+1

Botox and fillers each act differently, and are best suited for different areas. Botox is derived from Botulinum Toxin type A. It paralyzes the muscles in a given area, causing wrinkles to smooth. Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are derived from hyaluronic acid, and volumize while filling in wrinkles. Botox will last an average of 3 months, and fillers will last around 6-7 months. For the smile lines, or nasolabial folds, Perlane or Radiesse work fantastic. From here, I would recommend a consult with an experienced board certified physician. He/she will be able to assess your needs and provide you with a recommendation. I hope this helps, and good luck to you! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Botox and fillers

+1

Botox treats the muscles, fillers provide "fill" or volume. You should have a thorough assessment with a well-trained and experienced injector to discuss all options.

Sam Naficy, MD

Botox & Fillers

+1

It all depends on what your goals are and what specific areas are being treated.  There is no "best" filler.  Each filler has specific indications and pros and cons.  Certain wrinkles or lines are better suited to Botox, and certain ones are better suited to fillers.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of these issues.  It can involve a lengthy discussion which is not possible in this forum.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)