Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

Hi,I have smile lines on my face, my skin is so sensitive and my age is 40. I want to ask that which is better fillers or Botox? Which one have the less side effect Botox or fillers ?If I do fillers or Botox on my face for how many months it will stay?which company is best in fillers and Botox?please give me full information about it. Thank you!

Which is better, Botox or Fillers?

Areas of the face that respond well include 'crows feet' lines around the eyes, vertical frown lines between the eyebrows, and horizontal ('worry') lines on the forehead. BOTOX ® can also be administered just below the lateral aspect of the eyebrow to produce a temporary lateral browlift, which opens up and brightens the eyes.
In some instances, BOTOX ® can be used to soften vertical upper and lower lip lines, to reduce muscle bands in the anterior neck, and even to elevate the nasal tip. While there are some good 'lower face' indications for BOTOX ® administration, in my practice the majority of injections are for 'upper face' (especially eye area) rejuvenation.
One truly remarkable consequence of BOTOX ® administration that I have seen over and over again is the gradual complete disappearance of deep, vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown or 'scowl' lines). With long-standing muscle contraction, the vertical lines between the brows may become actual physical clefts or grooves in the dermis, resulting in creases that are still apparent even when the skin is spread apart tightly with a finger on each side of the crease. In such instances, the initial BOTOX ® injection will soften but not completely eliminate the deep furrow. With regular BOTOX ® treatment, however, such that the frown muscles are never allowed to fully regain their normal ability to contract, the deep furrows may gradually fade completely.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox or fillers

You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Although Botox and fillers complement each other, they are not interchangeable, since Botox relaxes muscle movement and fillers replace volume loss.  Each physician has his/her own preference of products to use so you need to find someone you trust. 

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Botox or fillers

Thank you for your question. Botox can be used to soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles that deepen with expression. These include the horizontal lines of the forehead, the frown lines between brows and the smile lines (crows feet) on the sides of the eyes. They typically last 3-4 months. Fillers on the other hand is very effective at filling in the lines or shadows when you are not expressing yourself. They can also be used to shape and lift the face. I would recommend that you visit with at board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist in your area to discuss your treatment options so they can be taylored to your concerns and goals.

Botox and Fillers

Hi Farah.  Thank you for your question. The general algorithm is that Botox is effective in the “upper ⅓” of the face: forehead lines, crow’s feet, and lines between the eyebrows. These lines are “dynamic” lines, caused by underlying muscle contractions. By relaxing the associated muscles, Botox smoothens the upper ⅓ of the face. “Static” lines in the lower face, such as the nasolabial folds, are amenable to facial filler.
Hope this is helpful. Best wishes. Dr. Shah

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox vs. Fillers

Thank you for asking this question that many of my patients have. Botox and fillers treat different issues. The wrinkles formed by active motion such as crow's feet and vertical lines between the eyebrows are best treated with Botox. The more stationary lines and depressions are improved by "filling" them with any one of the fillers. Usually different fillers are better suited for one part of the face over other fillers. I often use Restylane in the tear trough and cheeks. I prefer Juvederm for the lower face and lips. Fillers will usually yield good results for 6 to 12 months depending on the type of filler used, the location of placement and the amount injected. I hope you find this helpful.

Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

It depends, but let me explain this to you in more detail. In choosing between Botox and dermal fillers, a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon will ensure you receive the results you’re aiming for.
Dermal fillers are actually used to significantly reduce the appearance of firmly established wrinkles. Specifically, they are used to soften facial creases, plump your lips and enhance shallow contours. Dermal fillers lift features of the face, correct wrinkles and to restore smoothness and volume to the skin. The effects of most fillers are nearly instantaneous. Most of the dermal fillers last from several months to a year or two before touch up treatments are necessary to extend results.

Botox is actually useful in reducing the appearance of wrinkles that have only recently appeared and formed, also known as dynamic wrinkles.Botox reduces the activity of the muscles that cause wrinkles such as frown lines, worry lines and crow's feet. Botoxworks by temporarily blocking the signals from the nerves to the muscles, thereby reducing muscle movement and causing wrinkles to relax and soften.

Both treatments are effective separately, however used in conjunction can help achieve optimal results.

Dr. Carlos Chacon

Botox vs Fillers

This is a very common question-thank you for asking it! Botox, Dysport and Xeomin work by stopping repeated muscle action at the site of injection. These treatments are very useful for lines and wrinkles that occur due to repetitive motion (specifically, the crows feet, "11" lines between the eyebrows, forehead lines and sometimes lip lines). Fillers, on the other hand, are best used for lines or folds that occur at rest, and can also be used to rejuvenate areas of lost volume. 

Both can be part of a well-crafted plan to enhance different areas of the face. An experienced facial plastic surgeon can explain which areas would be best treated with either Botox or fillers and can give you an idea of the risks and side effects. Generally speaking, however, both Botox and fillers are commonly used by millions of patients and have been studied extensively. The key is to have your treatments performed by an expert facial plastic surgeon who understands the underlying anatomy. Best of luck to you!

Anita Sethna, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox or Fillers

Botox to crow's feet, glabella, and forehead lines can be indicated.   Fillers can be used to the tear trough, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, paralabial lines, among others.

BOTOX and/or Fillers

As many of the previous doctors have already stated, BOTOX Cosmetic and dermal fillers act differently. These two products do complement each other very well, however, the roles they play are substantially different. BOTOX Cosmetic is used to relax the muscle, which causes decreased action of the treated muscle resulting in a smooth surface with a reduction of wrinkles. On the hand, facial fillers are utilized to add volume to areas of the face that have lost their volume with time.
Facial fillers are especially effective around the mouth, lower eyelid, cheek and lip regions.  As far as fillers, we prefer to use hyaluronic acid fillers and Radiesse.  The highest level of aesthetic results can be achieved when BOTOX Cosmetic and facial fillers are used together.

William P. Mack, MD, PA
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for dynamic and static wrinkles, respectively

Botox is for dynamic wrinkles. Facial fillerrs are for static wrinkles, not related to facial muscle contractions or facial expressions and smiles, frowns, etc. Each fulfill a different problem. You need to see someone who has expertise in both Botox (Dysort, etc) and facial fillers (Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, etc) as each serves a different purpose in rejuvenating the face.