Which One is Better Botox or Fillers?

Hi,I have smile lines on my face, my skin is so sensitive and my age is 40. I want to ask that which is better fillers or Botox? Which one have the less side effect Botox or fillers ?If I do fillers or Botox on my face for how many months it will stay?which company is best in fillers and Botox?please give me full information about it. Thank you!

Which is better, Botox or Fillers?

+2
Areas of the face that respond well include 'crows feet' lines around the eyes, vertical frown lines between the eyebrows, and horizontal ('worry') lines on the forehead. BOTOX ® can also be administered just below the lateral aspect of the eyebrow to produce a temporary lateral browlift, which opens up and brightens the eyes.
In some instances, BOTOX ® can be used to soften vertical upper and lower lip lines, to reduce muscle bands in the anterior neck, and even to elevate the nasal tip. While there are some good 'lower face' indications for BOTOX ® administration, in my practice the majority of injections are for 'upper face' (especially eye area) rejuvenation.
One truly remarkable consequence of BOTOX ® administration that I have seen over and over again is the gradual complete disappearance of deep, vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown or 'scowl' lines). With long-standing muscle contraction, the vertical lines between the brows may become actual physical clefts or grooves in the dermis, resulting in creases that are still apparent even when the skin is spread apart tightly with a finger on each side of the crease. In such instances, the initial BOTOX ® injection will soften but not completely eliminate the deep furrow. With regular BOTOX ® treatment, however, such that the frown muscles are never allowed to fully regain their normal ability to contract, the deep furrows may gradually fade completely.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/botox.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox or fillers

+2

You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and discuss your concerns.  Although Botox and fillers complement each other, they are not interchangeable, since Botox relaxes muscle movement and fillers replace volume loss.  Each physician has his/her own preference of products to use so you need to find someone you trust. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Botox or Fillers

+1

Botox to crow's feet, glabella, and forehead lines can be indicated.   Fillers can be used to the tear trough, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, paralabial lines, among others.

BOTOX and/or Fillers

+1

As many of the previous doctors have already stated, BOTOX Cosmetic and dermal fillers act differently. These two products do complement each other very well, however, the roles they play are substantially different. BOTOX Cosmetic is used to relax the muscle, which causes decreased action of the treated muscle resulting in a smooth surface with a reduction of wrinkles. On the hand, facial fillers are utilized to add volume to areas of the face that have lost their volume with time.
Facial fillers are especially effective around the mouth, lower eyelid, cheek and lip regions.  As far as fillers, we prefer to use hyaluronic acid fillers and Radiesse.  The highest level of aesthetic results can be achieved when BOTOX Cosmetic and facial fillers are used together.

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for dynamic and static wrinkles, respectively

+1

Botox is for dynamic wrinkles. Facial fillerrs are for static wrinkles, not related to facial muscle contractions or facial expressions and smiles, frowns, etc. Each fulfill a different problem. You need to see someone who has expertise in both Botox (Dysort, etc) and facial fillers (Radiesse, Juvederm, Restylane, etc) as each serves a different purpose in rejuvenating the face.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Botox or fillers?

+1

Botox and fillers each act differently, and are best suited for different areas. Botox is derived from Botulinum Toxin type A. It paralyzes the muscles in a given area, causing wrinkles to smooth. Fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm are derived from hyaluronic acid, and volumize while filling in wrinkles. Botox will last an average of 3 months, and fillers will last around 6-7 months. For the smile lines, or nasolabial folds, Perlane or Radiesse work fantastic. From here, I would recommend a consult with an experienced board certified physician. He/she will be able to assess your needs and provide you with a recommendation. I hope this helps, and good luck to you! 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com

Botox and fillers

+1

Botox treats the muscles, fillers provide "fill" or volume. You should have a thorough assessment with a well-trained and experienced injector to discuss all options.

Botox & Fillers

+1

It all depends on what your goals are and what specific areas are being treated.  There is no "best" filler.  Each filler has specific indications and pros and cons.  Certain wrinkles or lines are better suited to Botox, and certain ones are better suited to fillers.  You should see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of these issues.  It can involve a lengthy discussion which is not possible in this forum.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Which is better, Botox or Fillers?

+1

This question is more complex than which smart phone is better. Botox and other botulinum toxins are used to reduce movement or dynamic wrinkles, most commonly the frown lines between the eyes, horizontal forehead lines, and Crow's feet ; less commonly, it is used around the lips to reduce smoker's lines and elevate the corners of the mouth, or to reduce bunny lines on the nose. On the other hand, fillers like Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, and Radiesse are used to fill areas of volume loss, typically the areas between the nose and mouth (laugh lines/nasolabial folds), or lines between the mouth and chin (Marionette lines) ; fillers can also be nicely used for tear troughs under the eyes, to plump up the cheeks or cheek bones, and to define the jawline. Speak with your dermatologist about the best options for you, which often involves a combination of Botox and fillers, and sometimes laser resurfacing.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox or fillers?

+1

Using one of these or the other is like saying should or buy a bra or socks? Depends on what you want to do. Botox is good to stop making lines that occur with facial motion and expression. Fillers help where volume is lost and needs to be added back. Very occasionally both can be used to fix one problem by attacking different causes of that problem. Example: A deep line caused by movement can be improved by stopping the movement but still might need some filler to fill crease that has been in face for many years

Birmingham Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.