Lower Eyebrows for Men? (photo)

Hi i was born with extremely high arched eyebrows. I am a male but my eyebrows are way to feminine. I wanted a more masculine look with lower eyebrows. can botox lower my eyebrows even inches from where they are now? or is surgery necessary? and if botox is truly a solution how many inches or how much will it lower them?

Botox to Lower Eyebrows in Males

+1

Botox can be used to lower the lateral eyebrow if the tail is too high in males.  This takes some trial and error to find the appropriate amount for the location.

Botox to reshape eyebrows

+1

Small amounts of Botox can help lower your eyebrows for a more masculine appearance.  The amount of lowering would only be determined once you have had the injections.  You should also consider seeing a brow specialist who can help you remove some hairs to reshape your eyebrows before you have your Botox injections. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Lowering eyebrows in men

+1

Women generally have or prefer to have the outer part of their eyebrow more elevated, while men generally have or prefer to have a straighter lower brow throughout. This can be easily corrected by your dermatologist or plastic surgeon with Botox, Xeomin or other neuromodulator.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Neuromodulators (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) Work Well For Reshaping The Eyebrows in Men

+1

Eyebrow shape differs between men and women. The ideal youthful brow in women typically possesses an upward and outward flare of the outer two thirds of the brow. The eyebrow in men tends to be more horizontal throughout its entire length, and an upward and outward flare creates a more feminized appearance. 

In cases where there is a natural tendency in the male brow for the eyebrow to arch upward at its tail, a few drops of Botox or other neuromodulator, such as Dysport or Xeomin, appropriately instilled in the correct lateral and inferior location of the forehead (frontalis) muscle that is responsible for pulling up the eyebrows can serve to weaken the upward pull and allow the lateral segments of the eyebrows to realign themselves into a more pleasing male horizontal orientation. The experience of the injecting physician is critical for achieving the desired results and only a board certified cosmetic physician experienced with neuromodulators should be consulted. 

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Botox

+1

Yes, Botox can help lower your eyebrows.  As for how many inches it will drop - the only sure way to know is to see the results after getting the injection.  I think you should be able to achieve a nice drop that will result in a much less feminine brow appearance.  Make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience with Botox.  I would suggest trying the Botox first before thinking of using other modalities like lasers, which others have mentioned.  Lasers should be used very cautiously in someone with your skin colour.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Botox adjusts brow position and shape !

+1

Aside from reducing wrinkles of the forehead and between the eyes as well as other locations on the face, Botox has a significant impact on eyebrow position and shape. Careful Botox injection can be used to shape the browse as well as raise or lower them. An experienced and skilled injector will allow to get the best results

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Botox to lower brows

+1

Botox probably would at least give you a little lowering if placed correctly. You can also flatten your brows by removing some of the hairs and changing their shape. You have plenty of brow hair to work with. You can do this temporarily to start with and if you like the results can remove the hairs with laser. 

Birmingham Dermatologist

Lower Eyebrows for Men?

+1

yes, Botox placed just above the outer portion of the eyebrows will cause them to drop.  This is a great solution for this issue IMHO.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Lower Eyebrows for Men?

+1

Botox is a great temporary option to adjust eyebrow position. You asked about lowering your brows by "inches." Botox will not do that nor to do you need that much repositioning of your brow. Careful Botox injection can adjust your eyebrow position to create a more flat, masculine brow shape. As a fellow sufferer of overly arched eyebrows I can tell you that this works very nicely if performed by an experienced injector. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/botox-dysport-xeomin-neuromodulators

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the Brow with Botox- Yes, you can Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hello annonymous2000,

You are right on target with your comment.

Botox can assist in elevating the brow when injected into the brow depressors.

Relaxing the depressors, reduces the 'pull down' of the lateral brow

Botox can assist in lowering the brow when injected into the brow elevators.

Relaxing the elevators, reduces the 'pull up' of the lateral brow

TIP:

1.  start with tiny amounts of Botox, strategically placed (you can always add more)

2.  don't expect inches, and remember millimeters can make a big difference

3.  find someone who is very familiar with facial anatomy and Botox

Thanks for asking!  Dr Ellen

Westport Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.