Which Takes Effect Faster, Botox or Dysport?

I have an appointment with my doctor for Botox/Dysport on Friday at 10a.m. I have two occasions: one on Sunday, the other on Tuesday. Which between these two treatments takes effect faster?

I have seen no significant difference

+2

I agree with the study findings: the time for effect is the same for both. It ranges from 1-14 days and has maximum effect at 2-4 weeks. I had heard the hype that Dysport was quicker, but that has not been what I have seen. Both products work well. Time will tell if one lasts longer or has more side effects. Dysport will have to do a lot to surpass Botox for efficacy, safety and popularity.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Botox or Dysport

+1

Activitation times for both Botox and Dysport are very comparable.  No matter if it's Botox or Dysport, results will vary from patient to patient. 

Botox Activation Time

+1

Activation times are about the same for both botox and dysport. The results vary from patient to patient. Botox remains the gold standard and should be used if you have a choice.

Activation time - Botox vs. Dysport

+1

Some of our patients have reported they have seen quicker activation with Dysport and others experience the same as Botox (activation about 3 to 7 days). I’d say this will vary from patient to patient.

Botox or Dysport

+1

Hi Lydia,

While you may not see the full effects of your Botox or Dysport for 1-2 weeks, it is our experience that Dysport works more quickly. Dysport patients typically see results about 24 hours faster than with Botox so in your situation, Dysport is probably a better option.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botox.aspx

Dysport seems to be faster than Botox!

+1

We did a trial injection of Dysport before treating our patients and we found that Dysport seem to work faster than Botox! However, the treatment seems to be the same as far as with results.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Onset of action for Botox Cosmetic and Dysport slightly different

+1

Ms Dugan:

Like you, I have heard much of the differences between Botox (with which we all have long experience) and Dysport (which is recently available in the USA). We have used Dysport since its release in the USA and the results are only slightly faster. Once Dysport has been in use here for years, you will have a more accurate answer. However, our European colleagues also report a slightly quicker onset for Dysport.

Many patients have the same desire you mention; to look their best for a upcoming event. Remember that the most common and frequently aggravating side effect of neurotoxin injection is bruising at the injection site, which can spoil your plans. My suggestion is always try to avoid such tight scheduling when possible.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Most patients find Dysport works faster than Botox

+1

We have been using Dysport since it bacame available in the US. Most patients seem to find that Dysport takes effect slightly sooner than Botox although this is not universal, some find it is the same. I tell my patients that Botox usually begins to take effect in 3 to 5 days while Dysport starts to work in 2 to 4. Personally, I have been treated with both and Botox takes effect for me in 3 days while Dysport seems to work in 1 or 2 days. I think it is too early to say which lasts longers although my suspicion is that they are pretty similar.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

So, far Dysport has been faster

+1

I have injected about 25 patients or so with Dysport so far and most report a faster onset of action than Botox. This is purely anecdotal, however, and it will clearly vary from person to person. Until we have more clinical experience with Dysport I don't think anyone can say for sure which works faster - or which lasts longer (if either).

San Diego Dermatologist