Is Botox Safe for Patient with Bronchial Asthma?

I have been suffering from bronchial asthma for the past 15 years. I am thinking of undergoing a cosmetic treatment of Botox for my crow's feet. I am 33 years of age. Please do suggest.

Botox is safe for crow's feet in the setting of bronchial asthma

+1

Botox injections should not have any negative affect in someone with asthma. When Botox is injected, it exerts its effects locally and does not have any widespread effects. Having said that, you may not want to have Botox injected in your neck as it could make swallowing somewhat more difficult depending on how much was injected which could trigger your asthma.

Botox is safe for bronchial asthma as long as not injected in the neck

+1

Botox injected around the eyes is very safe and should not affect your asthma at all but it has been noted to cause swallowing problems when injected too deeply in the neck area. The strange or unusual feeling resulting from your swallowing reflex can alarm you and may therefore trigger your asthma especially if yours is very reactive. This is all only theoretically possible. Since your Botox is around your eyes, you should be totally fine.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox safety

+1

There are very few exceptions to using Botox. Bronchial asthma is NOT one of them. I think crow's feet respond well to Botox injections, and will last 3 to 4 months. Good luck!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Washington DC Dermatologist

Botox with Asthma

+1

There should be no problem to do Botox for crows feet around the eyes in someone with asthma.  Botox works locally and does not spread or cause any problems beyond where it is injected. 

Janet M. Neigel, MD
West Orange Oculoplastic Surgeon