Can I Have Botox a Couple of Weeks Before Fraxel?

Can I have botox injected on my face (mainly forehead) before a Fraxel treatment or should I wait and have it done afterwards ? Thanks.

Botox with Fraxel

+1

I would recommend you discussing this with your provider in detail as some practitioners prefer to give Botox prior to resurfacing with ablative or fractional laser and some prefer to treat after resurfacing.  It works well in both cases as it helps to relax the dynamic creases of the face whereas the laser resurfacing will help improve the overall skin texture and fine lines.  Best Regards,

Jacque P. LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fraxel

+1

It is preferable to have Botox a few days before your Fraxel treatment.  Botox relaxes the muscle movement so the new collagen stimulated by the Fraxel treatment remodels into smooth skin, not into the lines.  These 2 treatments complement each other and should be performed by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Fraxel and Botox can be done together

+1

Fraxel and Botox can be done together. In fact, they are a very nice combination therapy.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Timing of Botox Cosmetic and Laser Fraxel Treatment

+1

Yes,one may have Botox Cosmetic prior to or after laser Fraxel therapy. Botox Cosmetic reduces dynamic or active facial wrinkles, while Fraxel reduces fine lines & skin surface irregularity. Generally, two weeks are allowed between each treatment, but follow the advice of your cosmetic specialist.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and Fraxel

+1

Botox can be used a few weeks before Fraxel treatment.  It should not be a problem for the Fraxel treatment.

Botulinum Toxin and Fraxel

+1

This depends on the advise of the practitioner but I do not see a contra-indication in the use of Botulinum Toxin prior to Fraxel

Botox prior to Fraxel

+1

The inhibition of muscle movement, and thereby reducing the ability of the skin to crease in recently laser resurfaced skin is thought to be advantageous.  As it takes Botox several days to two weeks to produce the maximum onset of effectiveness, it is prudent to inject Botox or Dysport one to two weeks prior to laser resurfacing.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox before Fraxel

+1

Absolutely you may have Botox before Fraxel.  In fact, it is recommended. While you are healing from the Laser treatment, Botox stops the repetitive creasing in the lines that we are trying to take away.  The effects are synergistic and well worth the treatment. 

Michael L. Workman, MD

Botox CAN and Should be used Before Facial Laser Treatments

+1

Pre-treating the face with artistically placed Botox is a great preparation for a laser facial treatment. the Botox will maximally relax over-active muscles in as little as 5 days allowing the laser resurfacing to penetrate evenly and yield a nicer long term result.

Botox before Fraxel

+1

Botox may be used before Fraxel but I would wait at least two weeks after a Botox treatment. I would not recommend any shorter interval than that.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon