How Much Does Botox Cost for the Face and Neck?

Botox Cost

+1

Botox Fees vary across the country and even in the same city. Some offices will charge by area.  We prefer to charge per unit as it is clearer and generally more economical for the patients.  We charge $12/unit and our typical treatment for women is 40 units. Men tend to need more units.

Botox for face and neck wrinkles

+1

Some doctors charge per area treated with Botox and others charge per unit used.  The face can involve many areas, such as the forehead horizontal lines, the glabella, between the eyebrows, the crows feet, the DAO muscle, the under jaw neck area.  From person to person, the number of units vary per area. You need to have a consultation in person to evaluate your anatomy and determine how many units you would need. Sometimes the treatments are broken up into different days to minimize the number of units used at one time.  Furthermore, different doctors  may recommend different number of units for you. Different doctors also can charge differently per unit. Please remember that medicine, including cosmetic treatment, is both an art and science. Experience, skill, knowledge of anatomy and a gentle hand and artisitc eye are all important aspects of a provider's technique. Shopping only for price for Botox can lead you to a non-board certified physician or non physician provider. You would like to ensure your chances of getting a good result and being able to communicate your desires to your provider.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/botox/index.html

How Much Does Botox Cost?

+1

Hi Marilyn.  Botox is normally sold by the unit rather than by the area.  The number of units required will depend on how many areas you are treating and how large the areas are.  There are some standards such as the area between the eyes (20 units), but the forehead and crow's feet can vary slightly and the neck can vary greatly.  We have seen Botox sold in Los Angeles for prices varying between $8 - $21 per unit.

In addition, if you are going to consider Botox for the neck, this is a very specialized treatment and we would recommend weighting experience much more so that price in your determination of an injector.  There are not many physicians that offer this treatment and even fewer that can do it well.

Other variables to consider besides price in choosing a practitioner can be found at the link below.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/botox-injections-prices-costs.aspx

Botox Costs Vary for the Face and Neck

+1

Dear MARILYN8178-

Botox costs are usually based on Units.  Botox will cost anywhere from $5-20 per unit, and the cost varies based on who is injecting it and where you are in the USA.  The majority of Botox injectors in the US use this to base their charges.

Some providers inject Botox based on "area", and this costs varies as well. 

I've written an article on my blog answering the Botox units needed, based on your facial area.  Everyone is different, so the most precise answer requires a visit with your plastic surgeon, and going over your personal needs.

Best Wishes,

Roy

+1

Botox prices vary as they are related to the number of units, of Botox used.  The prices range from $300-$400 per area.  The Glabella, Crow's Feet and Forehead represent separate areas.  The neck can vary dramatically depending on how many units are required which will increase with longer platysmal neck cords or multiple horizontal neck lines.

Web reference: http://www.thepalmercodeinstitute.com

Cost of Botox for Face and Neck Wrinkles

+1

The cost of Botox may vary widely. The cost ultimately depends on how much is used. Some Botox specialists price based on units, while some based on number of areas treated. Many will give touch-up treatments complimentary. Some plastic surgeons will add complimentary Botox to eyelid surgery or facelift surgery. Botox is also commonly discounted with various specials, combined procedures, loyalty programs, etc.

RealSelf has some information on Botox cost here realself.com/Botox/cost

Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/botox.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Much Does Botox Cost?

+1

Botox Specials are $300 for 1 area, $500 for 2 areas and $675 for 3 areas. Add $300 more for the neck.  Smile lines around the eyes are 1 area; frown lines between the eyebrows are a 2nd area and the forehead is a 3rd area. The bunny lines on the nose and the lines under the eyes are usually thrown in with the adjacent area at no charge.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't choose your physician injector based on the cost of Botox

+1

All physicians pay the same price to purchase Botox from Allergan. Therefore, the price a physician charges to inject Botox has more to do with how much profit the doctor wants to earn than how much talent and/or skill they have. Always ask how many units are being injected so you know exactly what you are paying for. I am a highly experienced platinum level Botox injector as well as the highest level Radiesse injector and am a member of the medical education faculty (physician trainer) for Radiesse, yet I charge less for Botox than a new, inexperienced physician in my area. That is because I can make it affordable for more of my patients while still making a profit.

Web reference: http://www.dorsetstreetdermatology.com/cosmetic-dermatology/botox-dysport/

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Depends mostly on the experience of your injector!

+1

Most places charge as a per-unit structure, so patients are only charged for what they use. I suggest people always find the best injector that they can. Because there is no counter to Botox, your treatment effects will largely depend on who does the injections, not the price you pay. Additionally, neck injections need to be done by extremely talented physicians and even in that case, I would tell you that I haven't seen the best results from this, meaning not a great deal of change takes place. Do not shop around for the best price, rather, find the best physician injector you can and go from there.

Botox costs

+1

The cost for Botox depends on how much you need.  Beware of getting a "price per zone."  There is no standard nomenclature for what constitutes a zone.  In addition, the requirements for Botox vary widely from patient to patient.  For example, someone who is younger may only need 10 units for the angry lines above the nose.  Someone who is older with deep lines may require up to 25 units.  Also, what are the areas to be treated?  For the face, do you want the forehead and periorbital lines treated along with the angry lines?  How many platysmal bands in the neck are to be treated?  Therefore, without an exam, you total cost can't be determined.  As a Board-Certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, the charge is 16 per unit.  There are some clinics where the nurse does the injections that are cheaper, but you should go to a boarded expert.  If price is the main consideration, tell the surgeon how much you have, and then the 2 of you can make a determination as to the best places to spend your money. 

Web reference: http://www.facialinstitute.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.