Botox and Tetralysal?

I just had Botox done a week ago and realized that I was on Lymecycline for acne. Does this matter?

Botox and antibiotics

+2

You shouldn't have an issue with Botox while on an antibiotic - be sure you follow up with your provider and keep them informed of any unwanted side effects.

Tetralysal is a 'tetracycline' and OK with Botox

+2

This medication is in the class of tetracyclin antibiotics and compatible with Botox. It is used for Chlamydia infections, acne, and bronchitis, among others and does not affect Botox efficacy.

Hratch Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Buffalo General Surgeon

Antibiotics and Botox

+2

Botox that is injected does not travel systemically, and therefore it does not "interact" with any medications. 

Cameron Rokhsar, MD

Botox and antibiotics

+2

Taking antibiotics is no problem when having Botox. There is no relationship between them and you need not be concerned.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist