I Had Botox 7 Days Ago and Only Seeing Results on Right Side of my Face I'm So Worried?

I had botox for the second time 7days ago but only seeing results on the right side of my face so when I smile I look totally odd and lopsided.... I'm so worried that the treatment is not going to work as they both took affect at the same time when I had it previous.

Issues one week after Botox treatment

+1

It can take more than one week for Botox to take effect, depending on the patient. I would recommend following up with the physician who performed your injections, as he/she knows the details of your treatment. They will be able to perform a touch up if necessary. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Web reference: http://www.spaldingplasticsurgery.com/fillers-and-injectable/botox/

Allow a little more time

+1

Botox effects can take up to 14 days to show up. I will allow some more time for the Botox to continue to take effect. I've seen patients who have had similar experiences and things evened out after the 2 week mark. If the one side does not take effect, you can return to your practitioner and have it reinjected/assessed.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and time to kick in

+1

It can take anywhere from a few days up to two weeks for you to see the full affect of your treatment. Definitely follow up with your provider if you feel like you have distinctive residual activity on one side, versus the other.

Botox can take up to 2 weeks to see the full effect.

+1

You should wait for another week and if you are still not happy with your results, please return to your injector.  You may require more Botox.

Toronto Dermatologist

Unilateral Botox Results

+1

Not to worry too much. Sometimes depending on the activity and strength of the facial muscles or the exact amount injected, there can be slight differences in the response from different muscle groups or sides of the face. I recommend waiting a few more days for the Botox to completely begin working on the muscle fibers, and then see your physician again for a possible touchup. 

Asymmetry after Botox

+1

Typically by 1 week, Botox should start to work. If you are seeing action on one side but not the other side, it's time to go back to the treating physician and see if it can be adjusted. It's not rare to have one side working better than the other side with Botox injection. I routinely invite the patients back at 1 to 2 weeks post injection to see if Botox is working as intended and touch up as needed.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Botox at seven days

+1

Usually botox works within about 7 days. Sometimes it takes a bit longer. Often I will have patients return in two weeks to see if touch-ups are necessary.

Botox results after seven days

+1

I agree with those that say to give it a little more time. I would wait until the two week point to make any decisions and if it isn't all that you need have a touch up. That is not unusual

Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox at one week

+1

I inform all my patients that at one week after Botox, what you see is what you get.  I am not sure which areas were injected at your last visit, but you definitely have some asymmetry and need to go back to your injector for assessment and touch up.  Good luck.

Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox isn't kicking in evenly

+1

I would agree that you need to wait. I have a few patients who really get good results, but their muscles kick in at different points. This includes my daughter who gets the strangest line through her forehead and a pucker that lasts for about 9 days after I inject Botox. Then on the 10th day - bam - it's all good. Patience is a virtue, especially with Botox! Wait a few more days then assess. You don't want to overcorrect and then have the Botox kick in.

Also I would say this: Botox always kicks in with the first treatment much more quickly than subsequent visits. This has to do with the newness of the neurotoxin to the body, so you should expect this and future visits, to have a little bit longer onset than you did your initial treatment.