Can I Still Do Botox if I Am Doing Allergy Shots?

I am currently doing allergy shots for trees, cats, dogs, grass, molds, roaches. With doing that and since I am on my maintance I have noticed I have started to become allergic to different things such as foods. So I was wondering if I could still do Botox with all these allergies?

Botox and allergy treatment

There should not be any problem with you getting Botox and allergy shots.  The only problem is that you will be getting a lot of shots (unless you are using sublingual allergy treatments)!

Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgical Specialty Center
Salt Lake City, UT 84132

Botox, Allergies and Allergy Shots.

There are no reports or studies that have shown any issues or unexpected outcomes in patients who experience environmental and/ or food allergies, who have also received Botox treatments. You should certainly consult with your allergist to make sure that there are no considerations regarding the timing of your allergy shots and your Botox treatments.

Anifat Balogun, MD

6850 35th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Botox and allergy shots

Yes, you can do these two treatments together.  Here in Florida, we're at "Allergy central" - and we regularly have patients who combine these two, without any issues.

Thomas Fiala, MD

220 East Central Parkway
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

Yes, go ahead and get both

As long as you can stand all the needles coming your way, there is no problem getting the allergy shots and the Botox injections.   Plus, you will have the added bonus of not being able to frown when you get the allergy shots.  In all seriousness though, there is no reason you can't do both from a medical standpoint.

Laurie Jacobson, MD
Seattle Dermatologist

11011 Meridian Ave North
Seattle, WA 98133

Botox & Allergy

You can have your Botox treatment. The allergy shots are directed to substances that you are allergic to. This has nothing to do with your botox treatment.

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

14555 Levan Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154

Botox and Allergy shots

Botox and Allergy shots: There is absolutely no  problem in having both treatments. They work in a different way .

Robert Kasten, MD
Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Martinsstrasse 17

Botox and Allergy Shots

Yes, you can do Botox injections.  There are no reports of interactions with allergy shots and Botox injections.

Lisa Kates, MD
Annapolis Dermatologist

2200 Defense Hwy.
Crofton, MD 21114

Allergy shots for pollen and other allergens does not interfere with Botox injecitons

Yes, you can still have Botox injections despite having multiple allergies to environmental allergens. The risk of developing an allergy to Botox is extremely small but certainly should you have any unusual symptoms after the treatment, contact your doctor immediately.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Botulinum Toxin injections (Dysport, Botox) and Allergy shots

Yes you should be able to undergo allergy shots as well as botulinum toxin injections simultaneously.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Patients receiving allergy shotws can also receive botox injections

Patients receiving allergy shotws can also receive botox injections. There is no correlation to my knowledge between the content of allergy shots and botox and certainly no correlation between botox and airborne allergens.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

2350 Ravine Way
Glenview, IL 60025