Long Face - Can Botox Make It a Little Bit Round or Square?

My face has always been long but it wasnt that long before. I think its because of gaining and loosing weight thro the years. When i smile it looks fine but when i dont do any face expression it kinda looks long! I'm wondering if botox can make my face look wider? Appreciate your help. Thank you!

Botox is not the solution for your long face; consider other options

+1

While Botox can affect muscle activity and shape, it cannot add volume. Sculptra and fat grafting provide powerful and safe alternatives to effectively add beautiful soft contours and to improve skin quality as well. A new product called Selphyl may have limited usefulness as well; it requires harvesting some samples of your own blood to prepare the injection, but is very safe.

Web reference: http://www.specialface.com

Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers like Juvederm can shape your face

+1

Fillers like Juvederm are a far better option to give you a fuller or rounder face in a natural way. 

Mainz Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is not appropriate to make a narrow face more round

+1

Botox can thin out the face more, as it is used in reducing hypertrophic masseter muscles of the cheek. If the platysma muscle in the neck below the side of the jaw is injeced to lift up the skin, the angle of the jaw may become more defined, but it won't round out the face. You may need fat injections, Radiesse or Sculpra for panfacial volume augmentation.

Botox Cosmetic to make Square Face more Round and Youthful

+1

Hi DsrtRose in Kuwait,

Botox Cosmetic if used appropriately may be able to change the shape of your face, but this change occurs slowly. Botox Cosmetic has been used to slim the jawline by reducing the masseter muscle on the sides of the jaw, thus avoiding plastic surgery. Results are typically seen after several weeks and maintained for several months. Treatment doses for slimming the jaws are typically a little higher than standard Botox Cosmetic used for wrinkles in the forehead or Crow's feet. Jaw reduction, with Botox or plastic surgery, is more common in patients from Asian countries, such as China or South Korea. Botox treatment is performed in the office, and anesthesia is not required.

Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a plastic surgeon or Botox specialist can help determine appropriate options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/med-spa/botox.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options for making face appear fuller

+1

Botox would not be a good option for making your face appear less long or thin. Fillers could be useful in providing cheek fullnes and longer term results could be achieved with fat grafts. Facial implants are another alternative.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Sculptra the better choice

+1

For helping improve a long and somewhat gaunt face, Sculptra is the first choice in my opinion. Botox would not help.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Change the Rectangular Face of Aging to the Oval Face of Youth with Sculptra

+1

Hi Desert R,

Botox will not shorten your "long" face.  Properly placed volume in your face, such as Sculptra can change the shape of your face from the long rectangular face of aging back to the oval, heart shaped face of youth.  Good luck and be well there in Kuwait.

Dr. P

Long face

+1

An exam in person is key to figure out what exactly bothers you. Botox would not make your face rounder. Fillers may help but so can certain surgical procedures.

+1

Thanks for posting a photo. But Botox makes the face MORE angular not rounder. Try fillers or fat transfer to round out your face before implants. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Botox to round out a face

+1

Neurotoxin can be used to make a more defined face at the jawline. To round out your face fillers should be discussed with you by an injecting physician.

Germantown Dermatologist