Why is One Boob Bigger Than the Other?

had a breast augementation 8 months ago and my left breast is bigger than the other also my nipples are not in the centre like they should be. its noticeable and really bugs me as to why they are not the same size. is something wrong?

Uneven Breasts after Breast Augmentation

+4

Thank you for your question. At 8 months your Breast Implants should have settled to their final position. There are many possible reasons for uneven breasts after Breast Augmentation:

• Natural Breast Asymmetry before Breast Augmentation
  • Asymmetric placement of the Breast Implant during surgery
  • Capsular Contracture-hardening- of one Breast Implant
  • Implant rupture

It is very important that you see your doctor for an exam. The most common causes of uneven breasts after Breast Augmentation is pre existing asymmetry and capsular contracture.

Hopefully your doctor can diagnose the cause and help correct the problem.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Inequality of Breasts

+2

No two breasts are ever of the same size and shape, but a significant difference means a phone call to your plastic surgeon for an appointment and a hands on evaluation.  Your pre-op pictures in your chart may show that your breasts weren't even in the first place.  Many patients do not look at their pre-op breasts closely because they really don't like what they see.  On the other hand, a complication may have developed and I am sure your plastic surgeon would want the opportunity to evaluate your breasts, and treat any complication that may have caused the asymmetry. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

As you can imagine, without direct examination or viewing pictures it is not possible to give you precise advice. Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to rule out complications (such as capsular contracture) and to advise you.

Keep in mind, that a mild to moderate degree of breast asymmetry is to be expected ( naturally or after breast surgery).  If the asymmetry is significant and/or worsening,  revisionary surgery may be necessary to improve your situation.

Again, your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to assess your situation.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm