Can I get a body massage 3 hours after getting Botox in my front neck area?

Botox and Massage

I generally tell my patients to wait 24 hours before having a facial massage after Botox.  I would check with your physician and confer which areas were treated and if they think it is safe to have the neck massaged.

156 East 79th Street
New York, NY 10075

Body Massage After Botox Treatment

I typically suggest that my patients wait 24 hours after their Botox treatment before getting a massage or performing strenuous physical activity. There is the possibility that the pressure applied to the body during a massage can alter how the Botox is distributed and affect the aesthetic outcome you desire.

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

6216 Fayetteville Rd
Durham, NC 27713

Botox can migrate (spread) after injection, especially when pressure is applied. There is a risk that if this happens, you may not get your desired result. Ultimately, you should discuss your plans with your injectionist and receive clearance from them before proceeding with your massage.

Mark Deutsch, MD

980 Johnson Ferry Rd.
Atlanta, GA 30342

Botox and massage

After Botox you do not want a facial or  massage of the treated area.   If you had forehead Botox I would not want you lying prone either.  Since your Botox was to the neck you should be fine with a massage but not to the neck area.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

1515 El Camino Real
Palo Alto, CA 94306

Body massage 3 hours after Botox to front of neck

A massage limited to your body and not involving your neck area should not be a problem 3 hours after having received a Botox treatment to the front of your neck.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

500 Sutter Street
San Francisco, CA 94102