How long will the side effects from Botox take to disappear ?

I had botox 8 days ago, 20 unites only in between my eye browse to get rid off the 11s . I'm not happy about the result at all, first, I got bad reactions, tearing, my eye brows dropped, and my eye lid too, and that effected my eyes shape I hate it, my nose got swallen too! Everything around my eye got effected! Is there anyway that this will go away before 3-4 months? I'm so depressed, is moving the eye brows will help the botax go away faster?

Botox injections for the glabella area

+1
I am sorry that you experienced a droop from the Botox.  Some patients get improvement from Iopidine eye drops to help "open up" the eye area.  It will take several weeks to months for the effects to resolve completely.

Prescription Eye Drop May Help With Eyelid Droop Following Botox

+1
I’m sorry to hear that happened to you. For your eyelid droop, there is a prescription eye drop (Iopidine 0.5%) that you can get from a physician to help alleviate the droop within a few weeks to a month. The eyebrow droop will have to resolve on its own within the next few months, as there is unfortunately no treatment for this. You are correct, that moving your muscles more frequently may help to make the Botox wear off faster; however, it may take 3-4 months for all the symptoms to go away.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Side Effects from Botox

+1
So sorry to hear about your side effects. This is a very rare occurence It will take a few weeks for the effects to start diminishing. If this was your first time then you may need a smaller dose next time if you decide to do it again. The good news is that it does go away. There are eye drops you can use to try and decrease the heaviness of your brows. Talk to your doctor to try and get the eye drops to diminish your problem.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Bad experience with Botox

+1
Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.  Your best bet is to visit a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and get an opinion about what is going on.   Choose a PHYSICIAN injector that has vast experience doing Botox.  Botox generally is such a simple process of coming to the doctors office, discussing what the doctor will do for you, and then having the PHYSICIAN plastic surgeon or dermatologist do your injections.   Too bad you have had such a bad experience.  I am not sure why this happened.  This should never happen with  a seasoned Physician injector.  Get a new fresh opinion (generally no consultation charge for this) and move ahead.   Good Luck and My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Botox droopy eyes eyebrow shape

+1
Fortunately, these side effects tend to improve within a few weeks, usually before the full effect wears off. There are prescription eyedrops available that can help with the droopy eyelids.myour treating physicisn can prescribe those for you. 

Khaled El-Hoshy, MD
Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Side effects of Botox

+1
Dear Sue80,
Unfortunately the results you are describing can happen in rare cases.  Usually the fist two weeks is when you feel the most intense effects of Botox.  After that it does tend to get better by itself.  You can also talk to your doctor about an eye drop called iodipine that can help reduce the heaviness and droopiness of the  eyelids.  If this was your first time receiving Botox injections, it is possible that the dose was too strong for you and next time you should start with a lower dose.  There is no proof that exercising your eyebrows will make the Botox disappear quicker--but it can't hurt.  Best of luck.

Daniel Yamini, MD