Bloating Stomach After Eating Post-VASER Hi Def Liposuction- How To Fix?

3 weeks post Vaser Hi Def on my abdominal and love handle area I now become extremely bloated after eating and drinking. I'm still swollen and know that takes time to reduce before seeing the final result, however I never used to get bloated pre surgery when I ate or drank. Now even consuming the tiniest amount of food or drink my stomach blows up like a balloon. I'm health conscience so I eat/drink clean fresh foods low in salt and are gluten, sugar & preservatives free. Is this normal?

Swelling after vaser Hidef

+2

It would be helpful to see pictures to determine what is truly meant by "bloating" and "swelling". I've performed hundreds of Vaser hidef cases and I've learned that the post-operative management of edema and seroma must be aggresive for the first 3-4 weeks to achieve the desired results. We perform daily post lipo care with drainage manuevers the first 7-10 days followed by 2-3 weeks of close monitoring 3 times per weeks to detect any seroma or fluid collections which may require needle aspiration. We employ first stage compression guarment for the first 10 days and second stage guarment round the clock for the next 6 weeks. Patient activity is gradually increased to full strength excercise at the end of the first 4 weeks. Occasionally low dose diuretics and corticosteroids are used in my practice to manage edema and inflamation. We also recommend a low salt diet the first 4 weeks to minimize tissue fluid retention.

Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon