My Stomach is Loose and Bloated 5 Weeks After Liposuction, is It Normal?

I am 22 year old female got vaser liposuction done 5 weeks ago on my tummy , love handles, back and arms....My stomach feels bloated..My stomach feels bloated and the skin is very loose...My PS says that the skin will tighten within 6 months but I am really worried as my stomach feels like before ....The tummy above belly was also treated and even that skin is very loose...The doctor remove around 22 litres of fat ...Is it normal and will I regain the tight tummy with time??

Loose skin on abdomen after Vaser

+1

Indeed you had quite a significant amount of fat removed.

Vaser as you might know is not a weight reduction procedure but used for body reshaping. If you had quite a big tummy and your surgeon had to remove a large quantityof fat, then post-operative swelling can last for  a long time - on average 12 weeks.

Skin laxity and contour irregularities can take even longer to improve. Sometimes too much excess skin fails to retract to a satisfactory level and will require a mini tummy tuck operation.

Try to be patient, wear your compression garment, exercise, eat sensibly and try to work on quality of skin - you doctor should be able to advise you on that.

London Dermatologist