Bleaching Cream Prior to Fraxel Restore Question?

Is there a "waiting time" you need to go to fraxel after putting on the bleaching cream? I've put bleaching cream on for a month and stopped and its been another month now and i want to go to my second session of fraxel. Will the cream be ineffective due to the long period of time i stopped using it? Or is meant to use it one month just before you go to fraxel?

Bleaching cream before Fraxel?

+1

Hi ET.  This depends on your skin type, the procedure you are undergoing (how aggressive, which type of Fraxel) and your practitioner's opinion.  Without knowing you, the procedure and your skin type, we would not be able to say whether we would recommend a bleaching product before laser.  In our practice it is rare that we would prescribe hydroquinone for this issue.  

Bleaching Cream with Fraxel

+1

Check with your provider, but in my practice you would be fine.  Our use of bleaching creams varies patient to patient based on skin type, the condition of the skin and time of year.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon