Can I Bench Press After Smart Lipo for Gynecomastia?

I was told by my doctor that i could start working out 2 weeks after surgery. He did a smartlipo and removed the gland during the procedure. The results are great so far im so pleased with it, its been a blessing not to deal with this no longer. How long should i wait before i you recommend i bench press?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Most cases start at 3 weeks.

+1

I usually advice patients that they can start aerobic at 2-3 weeks and chest exercise at 3-4 weeks, and increase the duration and intensity individually and gradually.It is important to communicate with the physician and alert him about anything that is unusually uncomfortable or painful. 

Return to exercise following gynecomastia (male breast) reduction or repair

+1

I prefer a less agressive resturn to exercise and resistance following gynecomastia repair. I allow gentle resistance in the range of 10-20 pound beginning 2-3 weeks after surgery if there are no seromas and will progress up to unrestricted exercises somewhere between 6-8 weeks depending on the extent of the surgery and the volume removed.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/male-plastic-surgery-chicago/male-breast-reduction/

When to start working out after gynecomastia surgery

+1

After gynecomastia surgery, it is important for the skin to smoothly stick to the underlying muscle. You can ensure a good result by wearing a tight compressive vest at all times. You should also wait at least 4 to 6 weeks before returning to the gym. If you exercise your chest muscles too soon, you run the risk of shearing the skin from the underlying muscle and creating an uneven result

Exercise after Gynecomastectomy

+1

I tend to be a bit more conservative than your physician. I usually have patients wait 4-6 weeks after combination surgery (excision plus liposuction) before resuming vigorous workouts and would have my patients at least 4 weeks and preferably 6 weeks before resuming bench presses.