Belly Fat Apron?

I am 5'5. 125 lbs, 54 yrs old, and have never had a c section. No matter how small I am I cannot get rid of this thick, fat, apron. I have had it as long as I remember. Even b4 kids.Every woman in my family has it. Except my daughters. Is there any way besides having it sucked out, or cut off to get rid of it...Its nasty, and I hate it.

Getting Rid of Belly Fat

+1

It sounds like attempts at weight loss have not helped you get rid of the belly fat.  The next step would be to consider either liposuction or a tummy tuck.  Which one is right for you really depends upon how much of your problem is fat and how much of it is skin.  If the problem is just fat, then liposuction is the answer.  If it a combination of skin and fat, then a tummy tuck is the best choice.

Belly Fat Apron?

+1

I don't believe there is any way to get rid of your excess belly fat other than by surgery.  You should see a board certified Plastic Surgeon to evaluate your condition for a tummy tuck.  It is a very satisfying procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Apron

+1

If you have hanging skin and fat then the only way to get rid of this apron is with a tummy tuck which removes excess skin and fat and tightens your abdominal wall

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Belly Fat Apron

+1

Dear Lynette6097,

Not every abdominal apron is due to childbearing.  Heredity does play a role also.  From your description, the probable best course of treatment is an abdominoplasty(tummy tuck).  This will allow your plastic surgeon to repair any muscle changes secondary to childbearing and then remove the excess skin and fatty tissues.  Liposuction alone will not work if you have lax skin and/or stretch marks.  In fact, liposuction can even make it look worse.

Your best course of action is have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can help you understand the procedure and your recovery.

Hope this helps.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Aprons

+1

need to be excised if you wish to get rid of it... there is no other way to deal with excess skin like you describe.  Look for a doctor in your area and understand the scars you will have to accept and know what their revision policy is as you are almost certain to benefit from a revision.

Curtis Wong, MD

Belly Fat Apron

+1

The "Belly Fat Apron" needs to be evaluated.  If there is skin laxity and decreased "belly wall" or abdominal muscular  wall tone, abdominoplasty will be the appropriate procedure.  Whereas, if there is an area of isolated fat that is resistant to diet and there is good skin tone, liposuction can be performed.

When a patient is not a candidate for surgery or doesn't desire surgery, there are some non operative options to improve skin tone and shrink fat using devices such as Venus Freeze.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Options for overhaning abdominal skin

+1

Even give your petite size and shape there is no way to correct overhanging skin. This is due to skin laxity and unfortunately liposuction will not tighten lose skin with multiple stretch marks.  Women who want to consider an abdominoplasty are willing to substitute a well placed low transverse abdominal scar.  Your best option is to be examined by a plastic surgeon to understand your options.  

Tummy Tuck For Abdominal Apron

+1

As you may have surmised, there is no way to get rid of an abdominal apron (pannus) but by cutting it off. This is more of an excessive skin problem than a fat problem in most cases. Removing it through some form of a tummy tuck will produce a very satisfying solution to this abdominal problem.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Belly Fat Apron?

+1

There is no nonsurgical method to reduce your fat apron.  Provided you are in good shape, then you should undergo a tummy tuck to remove the excess skin and fat. This is a very satisfying operation. 

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Belly Fat Apron

+1

Assuming that your general health is satisfactory, that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Liposuction will not be helpful, and there are no non-surgical remedies for what you describe. These patients are the most satisfied in plastic surgery practices. 

If  you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.