If I Become Dehydrated Will my Body Absorb Restylane Faster? (photo)

Lets say for example a person does not have enough to drink and eats pretty little. My lips are dry, my cheeks have gone hallow and the restylane seems like its fading even though it's been only 2 weeks and a half since I was injected around the eyes and mouth.

If I Become Dehydrated Will my Body Absorb Restylane Faster?

+1

After fillers it's very common to have swelling for the first 2 weeks, once the area has healed, its easy to believe the product is gone but in reality the inflammation has settled and you are able to see your final result. In my opinion, you were probably under dosed and would benefit from another syringe to see full correction.

Restylane Results and General State of Hydration

+1

To maintain our body well hydrated is very important for our health in general; however, the state of hydration of our body should not affect the level of correction we achieve with fillers like Restylane. If further volume enhancement or lifting is desired after the initial Restylane injection, it's advisable to wait for swelling from the procedure to subside (2 weeks on average) and determine then how much more, if any, additional volume of filler is necessary. 

Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and hydration

+1

It makes sense to be well-hydrated for many health reasons as you know.  Water is attracted to the product (hyaluronic acid), so it may appear not a full as it did originally if you aren't properly hydrated.

Dehydration, proper hydration and Restylane

+1

You should properly hydrate yourself for its health benefits. However, dehydration will not affect the success or failure of volumizing with facial fillers. Once the swelling subsided, you noticed less effect than you originally noticed. You may well need more product injected in your face to reach your desired cosmetic effect.

Web reference: http://www.AdvanceYourBeauty.com

Buffalo General Surgeon

Restylane and body hydration

+1

Restylane results wil not be affected by dehydration. The initial result you see may be the result of swelling and as the swelling comes down you may want more product.

Body hydration unlikely to affect Restylane

+1

Restylane and Juvederm are fillers that chemically attract water for a volumizing effect. They are not likely to be affected by overall body hydration however. Sometimes the inital effect seems to lessen after a week or two because the swelling subsides.