I Did Extacy Last Night and my Surgery is Feb 26?

I haven't done ecstasy in over a year... and i only ever do it maybe once a year if that... will this effect me since my surgery is 7 weeks away??? I'm having brazilian butt lift done... I'm scared and thinking about re scheduling my surgery for a later date. i haven't took ecstasy in over a year ...and i only took half... if i should wait longer how long? i don't drink or smoke.. so freaked out now...will i be ok to have surgery done in may?

It is unknown what is in this illegal drug.

+3

You should talk with your surgeon about this.  Extacy is usually made in peoples homes and you have no idea what they are putting in it.  This is a dangerous drug that causes a lot of deaths and comas.  It isn't a great idea to take this especially before a surgical procedure.  There are many things to avoid before surgery but they are usually 2 months to two weeks prior to surgery.  Please do not take this drug anymore for your own safety.  And be honest with your PS and anesthesiologist.

Moll-E and Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

A single dose of ecstasy should have been completely excreted from your body in time for surgery.  The problem is that you never know if the pill was pure.  Notify your surgeon and anesthesiologist.

Dennis Dass, MD

This should not be a problem

+2

I do not think that there will be any issue with this. The important thing is to disclose this to your surgeon and anesthesiologist.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Ecstasy and Brazilian Buttlift

+2

After 7 weeks, I am uncertain as to whether there will be any repercussions with surgery.    Not much literature on the subject. 

Contact your Plastic Surgeon

+1

Its highly important to be honest to your Doctor about what medication or drugs your taking. Ecstasy is a very dangerous and illegal drug, Contact your Plastic Surgeon he/she will be able to let you know what you need to do.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Extasy

+1

Excuse my ignorance but I do not know exactly what this drug is. I would stay away from all of these illicit drugs at all times

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS