I Have Permanent Bruise on Bridge of Nose After Rhinoplasty (Osteotomies Performed) How Do I Get Rid? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op and the bruise has not faded at all. Is there anyway to get rid of this? The bruise is right where the bone was moved to (bones were broken and brought closer together) thank you

Deep skin bruises take a while to go away

+1

Thank you for the question and the photo.  Deep bruises take a while to go away but they do eventually disappear.  Sometimes the skin in this area also weakens from the pressure during surgery and takes a while to strengthen back up.  

Dr. Remus Repta

Best Way to Get Bruises to Disappear More Quickly

+1

Hi Eliza,

The bruise is not permanent, it is just taking a while to go away.  You may use warm compresses 2 to 3 times a day for 10 minutes to help the bruise disappear a little sooner.  Good luck and be well,\.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi Eliza,

It is still quite early after your surgery and I would expect that the bruise will still disappear, unfortunately it may still take some time.

In the meantime covering the area with make up will not do any harm.

Cheers

Richard

Richard Bloom, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon