Big Hard and Slightly Hanging Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty -> Swelling Or? (photo)

3 months ago I underwent a tip rhinoplasty. I had a slight bulbous tip and wanted it to be less bulbous and a little more narrow. The doctor removed some cartilage of the supratip area (closed technique). Right after I removed the cast, my nose looked fine. But now, 3 months later my nose looks even bigger than before. I also have a small dent above my right nostrill and my nose tip is kind of facing downwards, especially when laughing. Is this still swelling and will my nose go back up?

Needs more time

+1

Hello. At three months you are nowhere close to your final results and for a full year after your procedure your cosmetic appearance will continue to improve. For minor irregularities such as yours massaging can improve the appearance. I recommend waiting 4 months before massaging. Just try to be patient these trouble areas will continue to improve.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Rhinoplasty and swelling of tip

+1

At 2.5 months after rhinoplasty you are still very swollen. You have to give it up to a year and sometimes longer to improve.

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look.

+1

Rhinoplasty results take 1 year to see the final look. The swelling will continue to go down so that your tip will look smaller and the rest of the irregularities should go away.