Bad Reviews About Every Rhinoplasty Surgeon?

Why are there so many bad reviews about plastic/facial surgeons performing rhinoplasty, even though they are considered experts by their peers whereas the less well-known surgeons have much better reviews. Who to trust while choosing a surgeon for a rhinoplasty?

Experience breeds contempt

+2

The only surgeon with no complications is the surgeon who does not operate.  An experienced surgeon should have consistent results. However, even the best surgeon will occasionally have a result that is not what  they or the patient had hoped. But this result has to be put into perspective against the other very good results.  The surgeon who can say they have had perfect results is the surgeon who has not done a rhinoplasty.

My best advice is to try to find an experienced, dedicated surgeon and work with them to achieve your goals.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Finding a Trustworthy Plastic Surgeon

+1

When selecting a PS for Rhinoplasty, always start with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Review the before and after photos, and select someone who is experienced specifically in rhinoplasty. Ask to meet or at least talk with other rhinoplasty patients they’ve operated on. Most importantly, select a surgeon that you feel comfortable with; one that you would not afraid to ask difficult questions of in the event your result is less than you expected. Make sure to discuss your expectations to determine if the surgeon will be able to achieve those expectations. Good Luck to you!

Morgan E. Norris, MD, FACS

Bad reviews about surgeons

+1

Reading a review about any surgeon is just one part of your evaluation.  We are all likely at one time or another to get a bad review. On balance reviews should be positive.  If  they are all negative you need to consider that more seriously.  You then need to interview your surgeon, look at before and after photos if available and go with your gut feeling.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

Its a wonderful question and I am glad you asked. It only means its the most tricky surgery a plastic surgeon is face with and he can not hit it right in 100 % of his rhinoplasties even after performing it in thousands of patients over several years since its not his surgery but each individual has his own healing properties in each of his tissue like skin, subcutaneous tissue cartilage and bone that needs early healing and delayed healing up to one or more years. Your good luck lies in going through his web site and check for his results. No one will ever float his bad results while each PS has certain percentage of poor result.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bad review after rhinoplasty

+1

Bad reviews are more likely to show up on websites than good ones.  Angry people are more likely to post.  There may be thousands of happy patients that do not post per each bad review patient.  You can not always go by the reviews.  Do you mean the internet does not always have the truth?  LOL!  Good luck in your search

Negative Reviews About Rhinoplasty Surgeons

+1

What this proves is that rhinoplasty can be a hard operation to achieve consistent results that please every patient. The more rhinoplasties you do, the more likely it is that the surgeon will have a higher number of dissatisfied patients. In addition those surgeons that do a lot of rhinoplasties are also doing a higher number of revisional rhinoplasty patients where a much higher risk of patient dissatisfaction is likely.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

That is a great question. Most plastic surgeons will tell you that the surgical procedure that has the highest dissatisfaction rate is rhinoplasty. And since that is the case with almost all surgeons, you have to wonder are we all that bad or do patients undergo the surgery with faulty expectations. The latter is certainly the case. I found out over two decades ago to be extremely selective in who I do rhinoplasties on, and that is selective regarding the patient's personality and expectations rather than their nasal anatomy.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Online Reviews

+1

There is no Surgeon on this planet, or who has ever lived on this planet that makes 100% of his/her patients happy.  Some patients will get great results and be happy, some patients will get great results and be unhappy, some patients get poor results and are happy, and some patients get poor results and are unhappy.  The fourth group is generally avoided by most well qualified Surgeons.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best rhinoplasty surgeons have few if any "bad results".

+1

Best rhinoplasty surgeons have few if any "bad results". They are results that the patient may feel are not "perfect". In 35 years of rhinoplasty I have found that many patients who I could only get "good" results on were happier than some patients that got a Fabulous result. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the object of the best surgeons is to try to find out what the PATIENT wants and not necessarily what the surgeon wants.