Nose Implant Removal with No Revision? (photo)

i had an L-shaped silicone inserted into my nose 2 years ago. i now want it removed asap. and i don't plan to do any revision. how my nose will look like once the implant removed? i don't mind if my bridge will look flatter. i just don't want my tip become upturned which is my biggest concern.though i completely understand that i would never get my old nose back, but at least i don't want it to look really bad. please help me.

Nasal implant Removal

+1

It is impossible to predict the result after implant removal without knowing exactly where the implant was placed, how big it is, and what else was done during your initial rhinoplasty. A copy of the operative report and an examination of your nose would help us answer your question.

Implants can cause problems

+1

The nose can be computer modelled to show you roughly what it will look like after implant removal. Dorsal height will probably decrease and the tip may change.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Implant Removal with No Revision?

+1

If its the bridge of nose that is bothering you ,then you can go to reduction of size of nasal implant in that area or cutting it off completely depending upon what size implant was put in and how much reduction in nasal bride you would like to have. Photo animation of profile view should be done by your PS to confirm with you what is your expectations. If you are happy with the tip leave it the way it is And if you are unhappy  removal of implant will narrow your tip any way. Since you did not have upturned tip before surgery I hope after removal it does not get up turned. Let your PS know about it so that he can decide on operation table how to deal with your tip. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Nasal implant removal

+1

Removing a nasal implant will leave an unpredictable result.  You should consider tip work at least if you remove the implants.

Removal of Nasal Implant and Tip Changes

+1

It would be my recommendation that you consider some type of tip reshaping to be done at the same time the implant is removed. In my experience, when you remove an L-shaped silicone nasal implant, there is going to be some secondary changes to the appearance of the nasal tip that you might not like. Taking some time to reshape the tip to maintain a more natural look would be advised.

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

L-Shaped Implant removal

+1

Hi,

If you have your implant removed, you will loose the elevation in your bridge and regain some more tip definition. I dont think it would look terrible but you should consider some kind of augmentation and tip defining procedure.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Implant Removal after Rhinoplasty

+1

Removing the implant should take you closer to your preop photo.  It would be difficult to say exactly.  This would depend upon if anything else was done in your original surgery and how the skin envelope attaches back to your native structure.