Average Cost of Anesthesia for Breast Augmentation?

I have my consultation on Wednesday and I'm trying to figure out how much the average cost of general anesthesia is because I think I'm just going to get local anesthesia...

Breast Augmentation Anesthesia Costs

+2

I agree that, while some surgeons will do breast augmentation with local anesthesia, the majority will encourage you to have general anesthesia.  You will be happier not trying to save the money there.

Second, I encourage you to make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and that that person is someone you would trust after meeting with them at your consultation.

In Columbus, Ohio, our total costs for breast augmentation are currently $4500-5100 for saline implants and $5000-5900 for silicone implants.  Anesthesia accounts for $650-750 of that cost for 2 to 2 1/2 hours of general anesthesia.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Anesthesia costs will vary

+2

Hi there-

Just like surgeons, the fees anesthesia providers will vary depending on the reputation and skills of the providers, the drugs used, the length of the procedure, and the provider's credentials (nurse anesthetists will charge less than a Board Certified Anesthesiologist would).

Only your chosen surgeon would be able to tell you what costs would be reasonable for you to expect...

Remember to prioritize your safety and happiness above costs, though. This cannot be over-emphasized.

Armando Soto, MD

Anesthesia for Breast Augmentation

+1

Anesthesia fees will vary across the country and even in the same city.  For breast augmentation, our fees generally range from $600 to $1500 depending on the scope of the surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Anessthesia costs and breast augmentation

+1

Anesthesia costs will vary depending on the length of the procedure, credentials of the health care provider as well as regional variations. Fees can range from $450 to $900 for a typical breast augmentation. I would highly recommend general anesthesia for under the muscle placement.

Anesthesia Cost in Texas Area

+1

I've found that in our area of South Texas the average anesthesia cost is usually between $600-$750. 

Robert N. Young, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Anesthesia cost for breast augmentation

+1

The cost for general anesthesia varies depending on the surgery center/hospital and if it is done by an MD or by a CRNA (certified registered nurse anesthetist).  In general it's about 300-400 per hour. The procedure usually lasts one hour. 

If you are having your implants placed under the muscle (subpectoral) it will generally need to be done under general anesthesia. If they implants are being placed in front of the muscle (subglandular) it can be done under local with sedation.  I would not skimp on the anesthesia for this procedure and would recommend general.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist prior to scheduling your surgery.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Anesthesia cost for breast augmentation

+1

The fee really depends upon the region of the country and the length or type of surgery.  You should ask your surgeon's office those fees up front.

Average Cost of Anesthesia for Breast Augmentation

+1

Great question. But first I must vehemently recommend against local anesthesia for sub muscular augmentation! Now the range of anesthesiologist fees in Miami are from $300/ hour to a package of $450 for the operation. Hope this helps. Be careful. 

Cost of Anesthesia for Cosmetic Surgery

+1

The anesthesiologists that I work  with provide anesthesia for cosmetic surgery at a very reasonable cost.  This will vary, however, among different communities.  The surgeon with whom you are consulting should be able to give you this info for your area.

John Whitt, MD