How To Remov Artecoll From Lips?

Hello, I have had Artecoll injected twice to my lips. Once was with Artecoll in Toronto, second time was from Artecoll from Columbia which actually helped take away the bubble like balls. I find my lips too big, and I think it was a phase I was going through. How can I remove this product? I hate my lips.

Removing Artecoll from the lips

+2

I have removed Artecoll from the lips on three occasions. It required direct surgical excision. As in all lip surgery to remove foreign material, expect a long recovery. Artefill™ is a product light years more advanced than its earlier relative, Artecoll, but I will only injected along the white wall or vermilion border of the lips, not in the actual substance. I will only inject temporary filler such as hyaluronic acid (Juvederm®, etc.) or will utilize fat transfer when plumping up the lips.Good luck to you

Removal of Artecoll from the lips in Los Angeles

+1

I have extensive experience removing Artecoll and silicone from the lips. The surgery is a meticulous one that requires skilled technique to improve the overall shape and contour of the lips. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Artecoll Problems

+1

Hello and thank you for the question.

Artecoll is considered a non-reversible permanent filler, made up minute particles of PMMA ( polymethyl methacrylate) suspended in a medium of collagen.  

The only definitive means of removing Artecoll is by surgical excision. I would recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon familiar with this product in order to weigh all your options.

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S. 

Glenn Vallecillos, MD