Around How Many CCs Would I Need if I Am a 34B and Want a 34DD?

143 pounds 5'5''

How many cc's do I need if I am a 34B and want a 34DD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Cup size and implant volume

+1

At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  You would need 300 cc implants to go from a B to a DD.  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

Without seeing you in person and taking your measurements, there is no good way to give you advice.  In our office we use the VECTRA XT 3D imaging device to help patients choose their implant sizes by allowing patients to visualize simulations on their own body of different breast implant sizes, shapes and profiles.  A general rule of thumb is that 150 to 200 cc puts you up on size, but this is very general and not applicable to everyone.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Implant size selection

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing any size and starting with cc's of volume

+1

In my opinion and experience, it is not feasible or reasonable to just pick a size result or start with a number of cc's of volume and make it work. This is like fitting a dress or shoe by starting with the dress or shoe size and making it fit. 

I also disagree that proper sizing can't be determined before surgery and that sizers are needed during surgery. Stuffing bras is also not particularly realistic or helpful. 

The width of the implant has to match the internal width of the breast at its base if it's going to fit and look right. For round implants, this also determines the height of the implant. There are only three basic choices of forward volume for implants (called the profile). A properly measured to fit and properly positioned implant that is low profile will make the breasts look about one cup size larger. The highest profile implant fitted to the width of the breast will make it look about two cup sizes larger and the medium is in between. This is far from exact as in an orthopedic surgeon fitting a hip implant, but the number of cc's of the implant is determined by the diameter of the implant and the forward projection, not by starting with the number of cc's and working backwards. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size

+1

Without an exam, I cannot determine the best implant size for you.  You should try on sizers with your Plastic Surgeon, and discuss your expectations and concerns.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

34 B to DD : What Size Implants Should I Get?

+1

In general, 200 cc to 250 cc may be one cup size.  If you want to increase 3 cups, you may need 600 cc.  This is usually too large for most women, but an exam in person is needed to sort these things out for you.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast implant size

+1

As previously stated, this art is not an exact science. In general 200 ccs is about a cup size but not exactly because a D sized breast in someone 5'1" is smaller than a D cup in someone 5'10"  . Also the final breast size incorporates the implant , the breast tissue,and the muscle thickness.  I don't use sizers in the OR because I want YOU to know and chose your final size BEFORE surgery so that there are no surprises post op. 

Larry C. Leverett, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Volume of implant and cup size

+1

It is difficult to predict cup size from impalnt volume. A good rough test for you to do is perform a baggy test and determine the volume you like. This may help guide your surgeon to choose an implant with you.