Should I Get 400 Cc's or 425 Cc's Considering Im Changing the Implant Type from a Flat One to a More Protrude One As Well?

I had breast augmentaion done 6 years ago,i had 350 cc's put in and i have always been very dissapointed with the size and fullness,they turned out very small and un noticable with clothes on. i would now like to get them bigger,either 400 cc's or 425.im having a hard time deciding only because i am also getting a different type,my old ones were very flat and the newer ones that i will be getting are way more protrude. will going up 75 cc's plus the more protrude implant make them too big?

Going up in size

+1

Hi,

do the rice test. Put 75 cc of rice ( about 2 and 1/2 ounces) in a zip lock bag and wear inside your bra. That will be a good estimate for the size increase. Remember to take into account the thickness of the bra. 

Once inside your body, it will look a little smaller. 

As the other PS here have mentioned, at LEAST 100cc more is needed to see a noticeable difference. 

It would also help to have pics, front and side as well as to know your height and current weight. 

Taller or wider framed women will benefit from a larger increase in size.

Bennett Yang, MD
washington DC

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Going Bigger after Breast Augmentation

+1

Changing out implants for larger ones years later is not uncommon.  To see any difference you should consider going at least 100cc's larger.  Try on some sizers while visiting with your Plastic Surgeon.  This will help determine how much volume you need to achieve the result you are looking for.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Going bigger after augmentation

+1

Upsizing after previous augmentation, especially years later, is not too uncommon. The size difference you are speaking about is really not all that great. In my experience, unless you go up at least 100cc you may not feel as though you got enough "bang for your buck". Ultimately it also comes down to what your body and tissues can tolerate, as well as your goals. Your tissues have stretched to accommodate the present implant so what would have sounded like a large implant in the beginning will not "behave" so large the second time around. The profile, or projection of the implant, as you have spoken about, is also very important. Discuss all of these things with your surgeon.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Choosing implant size

+1
The difference between 400 and 425 is maybe a couple of millimeters... it's so tiny you can't tell once they are in.  When my patients ask for an exchange and want to go bigger, I recommend a 75-100cc increase to see a noticeable increase in size.  Best thing for you would be to see your plastic surgeon and have him/her show you your existing implant (sample) and your new implant choice size by size to get an idea of how much of an increase you're getting.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

400 cc or 425 cc and Implant Profile

+1

25 cc is not a difference that is perceptible.  75 cc is not a huge change either.  Increasing the profile with that volume change may only increase the projection about 1/2 an inch to 1 inch depending upon starting profile and the profile you are selecting now.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant change

+1

With implants that are 75 cc's more than before the main difference will be the shape and the narrower implant with more projection.

+1

Obviously I can only give you a limited opinion without examining you.  Most patients who want to go bigger and have more upper pole fullness benefit from a higher profile implant and more volume.  I recommend usually going at least 100cc's larger to have an impact.  Depending on your breast measurements you may benefit from a Natrelle style 20 450-475cc implant or a style 45 implant.  The 3D Vectra imaging machine can also be helpful in seeing your size after 100cc's is added. 

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Should I Get 400 Cc's or 425 Cc's

+1

I doubt that you or your surgeon would be able to tell the difference between a mere 25 cc of implant volume. 

As a rule, I feel that at your current volume, you should consider at least 100 cc of volume increase, especially given how small you feel these are. One useful thing you can try at home is to fill stockings with (raw) rice and measure the volume that gets you to the size you want--use a stretchable sports bra and a t-shirt. With that info your surgeon can help make a decision that is likely to accomplish your goal.

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of your goals, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without a direct examination and full communication of your goals. For example, what may be “too big”  is somewhat subjective and will vary from one patient to another.

My best suggestion, is to communicate your goals carefully with your plastic surgeon. In my practice, I find the use of goal pictures helpful during this communication process. After you communicate carefully, allow your plastic surgeon to select the best breast implant size/profile to achieve your goals.

No difference between 400 and 425 breast implants

+1

There is zero visible difference in a 400 and a 425 cc breast implant.  Just be careful that as you go up in profile, you dont' go down in the bese width of the implant or there will be a big gap up the middle ("death valley").  It's like shoes, regardless of the style you like they still ahve to fit the length of your foot.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS